1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How you knew?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Different, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Different

It's as simple as that. How did you know you were LGBT?

2. Lewis

I wanted penis. Seriously though, I was realised I was attracted to men and not women.

3. LailaForbidden

Oh, god, well... there were a crazy amount of signs. I distinctly remember when I noticed girls developing in the chest area and I couldn't stop staring, thinking they were beautiful, ect. 4th grade memories...

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose the moment I realised I wanted to be like my best friend... all long hair and all the other things... I remember the first time I said anything about it was to her. I told her I wanted to be a girl and she said she wanted to be a boy... we were like 6. I'm out to her now and I haven't discussed it to her, but some part of me thinks she might be trans too. Either that or part of me wants her to be trans because then I'd have someone to talk to this about, but then I feel mean because I don't want anyone to be trans really...

5. Niko

It was when I realized I didn't have anything hanging between my legs when there should have been something there. Sometimes I can feel it...it makes me sad to know it's just an illusion. :frowning2:

6. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well... I was never interested in guys the way other girls were. Not for a lack of trying, but I just couldn't feel the same.

At one point my grandma mentioned something about me marrying a boy someday and all I could think was EWWW no way! And I never went through the boys have cooties and are icky phase, so it wasn't because of that.

I started noticing girls when I was about 15, never guys. There were a lot of little signs, going all the way back to 3rd or 4th grade, but I still stayed deep in denial until 18. Looking back now, it seems so silly...

7. Lewis

Ew, my post didn't make sense at all. I'm a little drunk...

8. Dalmatian

I agree with Lewissss (the first sentence, the legible one :grin:). I realized how "is that a girl or a guy" turned into "meh" or "wow" depending on the answer.

Or as Simon Amstell says: "that's an attractive woman! .. Is she, Simon? Or does she just have short hair?" :grin:

9. Connor22

Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Seriously.

10. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Took me a long time to even start thinking about it, but once I did start to question I just realize it all made more sense. Nothing ever clicked with guys. I'm endlessly nervous around girls. Once I put together I was probably gay I looked back and everything just sort of clicked into place.

11. Salazar

I always knew I was different, but I guess it sort of became plain to me when I was eleven and really trying to find women attractive. Didn't work.

12. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was seriously in love with my best friend during high school, we flirted around each-other, held each other during lunch and even sometimes held hands. That's when I really first discovered I was bi and I've always had an obsession with girls.

I'm weird

13. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I saw boobs. God what a beautiful day.

14. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ^ oh yes, boobs. They are quite marvelous. Helped me figure things out, haha.

15. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had somehow always known I was different, but I couldn't put my finger on it until I started having a crush on one of my friends in seventh grade.

16. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Asari Hahaha that cracked me up.

Oh, and I don't remember exactly a "time" I "found out". I just remember being attracted to men when puberty hit, not girls. There wasn't much confusion.

17. Gen

Gen

I had a revelation that day, but obviously it ended quite differently...

I never questioned if I was straight as a child, always knew I was gay, but soon after I first got my own private internet access, I was like "You know what? I could be bisexual. You never know. Right? I never really seen much of women in the bare, maybe something will tickle my fancy or something. Like you only live once. Lets Do This!"

But I mean, man...................I tried......................But there is.......there is nothing...there for me. D:

18. Calico

I saw a movie with a lesbian character in it and I thought she was absolutely gorgeous. That was when I first put a name to how I felt, but there were plenty of little signs before then.

19. SOULkitchen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For me I always crushed on both girls and guys, as early as I can remember! . Then when I was 14 I started thinking that I was gay, but it was very confusing. My best friend eventually told me (on my 15th birthday) he thinks I am bi, because he was sure I was attracted to him even though I had talked to him about many girls.

After he told me that it all started to make sense... it also explained some of the earlier confusing instances where I was in love with a girl and boy at the same time! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. returning

Even though it was just a year ago, I honestly can't remember! I think it happened gradually.