1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my mom tonight, and I'm telling the rest of my family tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by acinorev, Jan 19, 2013.

1. acinorev

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks to the advice from the people on here, I sat my mom down tonight and told her seriously, I'm a lesbian. No jokes about it. It's for real. Her response was more of an oh, okay, let's go shopping. Which is fine. It wasn't negative, so I'm good with it. I'm just glad it's kind of out in the open, even though she doesn't really seem overtly supportive (I guess it's better than the opposite.) Maybe she still doesn't exactly buy it, but I'm just glad I was able to sit her down and tell her in a serious manner.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my dad's side of the family who live a few hours away to celebrate my recent birthday. So I'm planning on using the trip to come out! I'm still trying to think of a way to do it. I'm probably going to keep this one light, like "Oh, what's new in your world?" "Not much, oh by the way, I'm a lesbian!" With this side they'll just accept it no problem.

The only people I for-see a problem with is my mom's side of the family but we're not very close anyways, so their opinion doesn't really matter to me. So I don't even think I'm going to bother telling them as we don't really talk much anyways.

But everyone who actually matters to me is going to know by the end of the weekend! (For some reason I just decided THIS was it. This is when I want to do it.)
    It's an extremely great feeling to know that this secret is going to be out in the open!

2. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congrats! And good luck with the rest of your family. It's fantastic being able to let it out in the open!

3. Calico

Congratulations! I hope you have fun!

4. returning

Congratulations!

5. Rivers

Congratulations! It feels unbelievably free to be out in the open, doesn't it?

6. acinorev

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone! It feels great just knowing everything will be out there, so I cant imagine how much better it will be when it actually is out there for everyone! Well, everyone that matters anyways. :lol:

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Congratulations to you! Best of luck.

8. acinorev

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The courage I had turned into intense fear and anxiety. I ended up chickening out. Ugh. Another time I suppose. >.>

9. shovelman

Don't feel to bad, it's a big step, you should only do it when you're comfortable with it and don't worry another time will come for you to say it. :slight_smile:

10. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You've at least told your mother, and that alone is a grand step. Telling a parent, it seems, is much, much harder to do than telling a friend(s). I haven't even done that, and I applaud your courage to do so.
    The time will come when the rest will be told. There's no rush. All in due time.
    So, congratulations, and best of luck with your future revealings. =)

11. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! You are very brave :slight_smile:

12. SOULkitchen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good on you! Stay strong and remember you are yourself first and foremost.

13. MDiiGii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratzies! My mother's has the ''doesn't care'' opinion aswell, hope it all goes well on your dad's side!

14. Rexmond

That's great news, have you told your dad yet? If so how did it go? :slight_smile:

15. PeteNJ

You're doing great -- you've started on being open to others about your sexuality, which is fantastic! Great step on a happy journey.

Peace

16. acinorev

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the support everyone. I really want to be open, and I really don't care if people know that I am a lesbian, (it even says interested in women on my facebook! which these people don't have so I have to actually tell them.) That's the hardest part for me. I can't seem to say the words. I just wish they somehow magically knew so I could be more open with them about it. (Talk about relationships and other things that pertain to me being a lesbian.) I just don't feel comfortable flat out saying it. Even though I know they won't mind at all.

@Rexmond No, I haven't told him yet. But he'll be the one who is the most supportive, I know it. I just haven't had a second alone with him lately. I mean, I could if I made the effort to see him alone, but I just haven't made that effort.

17. thatlezzygirl93

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    congrats, i hope it went well :grin: