1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to one of my best friends a couple days ago

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BillCozby, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to one of my best guy friends and i love the guy (in a brotherly way) so i just said "I went to a club" and he said "Which one?" I thought long and hard about what i was gonna say.I was either gonna lie and say i went to a str8 club or just say the truth.I told him "I went to a gay club" and he said "why" and i said "I think you already know the answer to that question" "And he said i dont" So i said i went because i like male genitalia(i tried to make it funny)He said he wasnt surprised and your still my best friend and i felt so happy :slight_smile: anyway does it get easier telling other people once u come out to a couple of friends and also who did u first come out to?

2. Appley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw that's so sweet, well done!

I've only come out to one person IRL (I did come out to a lesbian friend of mine by email but I don't feel that counts). I hope it does get easier as I stymbled over my words and made a right hash of it, although she responded brilliantly. I have great friends. Sounds like you do too.

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!
    And for what it's worth, I feel like it does get a little easier because you start getting more and more comfortable with yourself and who you are. The first person I told was one of my good girl friends and she wasn't surprised at all.

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do hope it gets easier. My best friend was only the third person I came out to, and she had a very similar reaction. She smiled at me and said "I thought so...but it doesn't change anything. You're still my best friend, and I still adore you." It was SO relieving. :slight_smile:

5. shovelman

Good for you, congrats! :slight_smile:
    Best friends are usually the best people to tell first because they know you better than other people do and are usually very cool about it :slight_smile:

6. Naomilly92

First of all, congratulations, it's clever that you broke it to him in a very informal way. As for coming to other friends, it really does get easier, you just have to keep doing it really, whether you get a good or bad response you'll be happy you've told them because it's a massive weight off your shoulders. As for telling groups of friends, this can be more nerve wracking, but a better way, I have groups of friends, and when I came out to them, it meant less coming out, I told them as a group and they accepted me and everything went well, it also means that if someone in the group doesn't accept you, you have other people within the group that do, and those other people can then bring that other person around to accepting the fact that you're gay

7. Max630

Congrats! That's awesome dude!