1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spilled it again, he made me cry

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by withoutApaddle, Jan 22, 2013.

1. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I spilled the beans to another one of my friends on Friday night. We don't live in the same state anymore, but we were good friends before I moved and remained good friends. I've been wanting to tell him since I first came out to a friend or two a few months ago, just haven't been able to work up the courage. He's not always the most open minded, and just couldn't figure out what he would think. Losing him as a friend would kill me.

So anyway, I was drunk at a bar with my friend (from this thread) and started texting shawn. Eventually I lead into it after talking about some other things. I still can't seem to type the words "I am gay" so I end up beating around the bush.

Me: Ok I'm hammered and feel like now or never. I've been wanting to tell u something and I hope u don't hate me but if u do, well whatever.

Shawn: I would NEVER hate you no matter what Matt.
    Shawn: Mattie??? [yes he calls me mattie sometimes as a joke]

Me: Remember what we were talking about with the West borrow bapist church crazy people god hates fags protesters?

Shawn: Yeah I do

Me: Ok I still can't put the words together no matter how hard I try cause Idk I just can't.

Shawn: No matter what we love you for who you are Matt. Nothing will ever change that. Your the only dude who I can really relate to and you helped me through some dark days.

Me: Ok you just made me cry.
    Me: Like complete emotional breakdown at a bar. But in a good way I guess or something like that.
    Me: My best friend Billy here keeps telling me it's no big deal to be gay these days but it's never that easy.

Shawn: I kinda knew Matt. But it doesn't change anything. Just know that were are here for you. It doesn't matter what other people think. Be you!

Me: Shawn your the best no matter what your boss says. Haha. Can I call u in like 10 min?

Shawn: Yes!

Meanwhile at the bar, I started crying when he responded. Poor Billy was so great. Consoling the grown man crying at a bar. The next night, he told me no coming out to anyone tonight so we can concentrate on the games. lol. I told him ya I'm done for now.

The "we" is he and his fiance. I talked to her this afternoon and she even told me that there is a chair at their dinner table for a 4th next time I'm visiting. Basically saying if I want to bring a BF, he's as welcome as me.

I love my friends.

2. shovelman

That was very sweet from your friends, congrats and I'm really glad it all worked out for you :slight_smile:

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    So glad your friend was so supportive and accepting! You have wonderful friends :slight_smile:

4. themonkey319

This just made me really happy.

5. Delta

This is so sweet and happy.

6. Pyrotactick

Cryings natural! Happy that you came out none the less :slight_smile:

7. Caleb93

That's a really encouraging story. You're lucky to have friends like that. Congrats!

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a beautiful story! (*hug*)

9. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It seems like every coming out story I read, the confidant answers the one who confessed with "I kinda knew."

Anyway, you are blessed with great friends. It's touching.

10. Lewis

Aw congratulations! This reminds me so much of when I came out to my friend. Straight guys can sometimes be the most sensitive people ever...

Love how we all come out when we're drunk. Thank god for alcohol!

11. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL. This is the first time I did it while drunk. Though the first time I took a shot or two after to calm my nerves. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it without my defenses being lowered by the booze cause I was so up in the air about what he would thing.