1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushed back to the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wowguy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Wowguy

Hey guys! I have made previous threads before, about me coming out to my best friend, and to my mom. My dad still doesn't know that im gay. My mom accepted me. I'm very grateful that she didn't kick me out, or anything. Yes. My dad still doesn't know. Because of that'll I feel like I'm getting pushed back into the closet, very slowly. I can't have a normal relationship, or I can't even try because he doesn't know. I feel very lonely, and miserable. Even my mom says that I shoul wait before I tell dad, because he can be a tough cookie sometimes. I don't know if he would accept me. He's only my step dad, I know he loves me, but I could not forgive myself if my parents were to break up just because he can't handle me being gay. I had a fight with my mom, because i was watching this movie today in the living room called Make the Yuletide Gay. She's not homophobic, she didn't care about me watching the movie either. The only thing is that she doesn't want my dad to see what I'm watching, because then he could suspect what is going on... I feel like I can't even do anything, and I'm sick of acting all straight everyday. The only time I can be myself is when I'm with my best friend, she is a jewel. She is like a sister to me, and we love each other like family. Her parents are also very nice, and they like me too, very much. Summer break is over in a week, and I would like to open at school, and giving up the hiding. I would. I really would. But I can't, because if something happens to me, they would obviously call my dad, and tell him everything. I'm very lost, and I have no idea what to do.:icon_redf :frowning2:

#1 Wowguy, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

If you know he's not going to take it well, then don't tell him. Just start acting more and more like yourself. You don't have verbally say it.. just give little signals and indications, make it more obvious without saying anything, and see how that goes?

3. Wowguy

Thank you so much for the advices!

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    your mum sounds great
    going back in the closet? Please ... not!!
    Consider the closet door is now firmly off its hinges

5. Iceman110295

the thing is if coming out to your dad miss up you living conditions than don’t come out to your dad until you’re an adult or at least until you get a job and have a house of your own I’m face that right now.

6. Wowguy

Thank you guys! I really don't wanna go back into the closet.. I comfortable people knowing it, I don't really care what others think, I just don't want my dad to know..