1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents let my girlfriend stay with them! And talked about engagement!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by oblina, Jan 23, 2013.

1. oblina

So this weekend was Martin Luther King Day, and I had a day off from University. I wanted to visit my home city with my girlfriend but also vist the doctor so I had to stay the night with my parents, and my girlfriend got to stay the night! I felt this was a huge show of acceptance from my family, they were totally cool with her sleepin in the same bed as me and even made jokes with her about me helping her work the shower but not help too much, the kind of jokes they made when I had a heterosexual boyfriend!

Also today i asked my mom how old she was when she got married and told her that things were really special with my girlfriend, and that we have talked (we actually PLAN) to get married after we move to an area where it is legal! My mom seemed happy for me.

I feel so releived, just to think that 8 months ago I was dreading coming out to them! I still haven't told any family past my immediate family, but I hope I will have their support to help me in the future!

2. Kat kanu

Wow that Is so awesome congratulations

3. Kay

Kay Guest

This is wonderful news Oblina. You should be really heartened by this show of acceptance. It is so great your parents have opened their hearts to you and your beloved. :icon_bigg

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Aw. I'm really glad to hear that your family took it so well. Congrats!

5. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Wow I am so happy for you...gosh, congratulations XD

6. xXPsychedelicXx

7. MysticalFantasy

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lucky duckling! Im so jealous yet so very happy for you at the same time! Congratulations! :slight_smile: