1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh F***!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nintenfreak92, Mar 3, 2008.

1. My sister read a note of mine, and now she KNOWS!!! I'm kind of ok and scared by it b/c she hasn't cofronted me about it. Now it's all awkward to be around her b/c she dosen't know I know that she knows. HELP!!!

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Calm down!!!
    I know this will be hysterical for you but the best thing that you can do is to sit with her and talk about it. Yes, it's hard, but she'll appreciate your trust and your love for her. And well, she hasn't yelled at you even thugh she had a chance so that means that she actually is ok with it, even supportive if you tell her.

Remember that words have a big impact on people, Tell her that you're gay and that you're still the same. That you still love her as your sister and that you really need someone to talk about stuff. Oh, and your parents already know, so tell her that they already know and I guess they were ok with it, so why she shouldn't?

Best of the lucks
    (*hug*)

3. Urman

Urman Guest

Agreed if you are ready u can ease your way in slowly by bring up a simalar topic and then if you are ready come out to her and ask about what specfic details of the note she saw.Best of luck

4. Wired106

lol omg!! I know how you feel! When I came out to my parents, they were both in my room talking to me and my dad was really loud and I think my sister was listening next to my door outside lol and might of heard. I don't know how she wouldn't of heard but I got a feeling she might not know or might know. But if she does know, she seems totally ok with it but that's making me question. I have no clue but I don't think there is much you can do unless you want to confront her first and talk to her about it. If I were you, I'd probably just stay back... That's what I'm doing :slight_smile: lol.

5. Alexander

Is she older or younger than you?

6. She is younger by two years, I don't know if I am ready to talk with her about it.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear. A 13 year old. They are the most annoying ones aren't they? (And I should know because my sister is 13 and suspicious of me and I certainly don't want to tell her). If she hasn't confronted you about it, it could mean 2 things: 1. She's okay with it and waiting for you to tell her. Or 2. She's not completely comfortable with it and is trying to find a way to deal with it before asking you.

You can't change the fact that she now knows you're gay, so the best thing to do is talk to her about it. It doesn't sound as though you would get a homophobic reaction if you did, and it would be best to clear the air so there's no awkwardness between you.

(Oh man I should take my own advice and do something about my own sister!! lol)

8. HalfInsane

Aww, I know what that's like. I've got a 13 year old sister, too. She, however, knows I'm bi. I can relate to not wanting your younger siblings knowing that you're gay/bi because, lets face it, they can be annoying. But the thing is, if she knows she knows.

Personally, I would just start a conversation with her about it. I realize you don't feel quite ready to talk to her about it, but like I said, if she knows she knows. It's probably the best choice. You'll be left wondering about what she thinks, etc, etc as long as you don't talk to her about it. If you're really, truly that uncomfortable talking to her about it, you could consider asking your parents to talk to her about it for you... since they already know.

9. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talking about it will relieve some of the awkward. Once it's in the open air it doesn't have to be the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about, and then you can proceed to live a slightly more comfortable life as siblings. Of course, there is always the part where a thirteen year old girl is not going to full grasp some of the concepts, but it isn't like you have to graphically detail everything your being gay entails. Just let her know you know she read your note, say for yourself you're gay, and then let her ask questions and such.

10. Blaz

Blaz Guest

That sucks. You could tell her it was for a project for a psyc class.

Actually,I agree with Luroon. Just talk to her and tell her not to tell anyone else.