1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by modified, Jan 26, 2013.

1. modified

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all,

I posted here a few days ago, questioning as to whether I thought I was gay (lesbian) or not. Truth is, I already knew deep down how I felt, I just had to put it out there I guess.

Yesterday, I spoke to my brother on the phone (he lives in another state) and we got talking about a picture of Joan Jett I had posted on FB, under which he jokingly asked if I was gay. I replied that yes, I was, and he never replied.
    So anyways, I asked him about that when we spoke. I asked "Why didn't you say anything to that?" to which he replied, "Well, some things don't need to be said".
    I asked what he meant. He said he already knew. I was pretty surprised, and I took a deep breath, and said the words "So you know I'm gay?". I waited, holding my breath for his response. "Well, yeah I though everyone knew" Haha! So the conversation went on a little longer, and he asked if I was ready to go loud and proud. I said I wanted to tell our Mum first, but then I would announce it to everyone.

I guess I told my brother first as he's one of my best friends, and he's incredibly supportive. To him, it was like me telling him I need air to breath, he's just unfazeable.

I feel good. Now that I've said it out loud to someone, it suddenly all fell into place, and it felt right. I'm nervous about telling my Mum (even though I'm 29 lol), and I'm sure she'll be fine with it, shocked but fine.

So.

I am Modified, I am 29, a proud mother, sister and daughter.

And I am gay.

(!)

2. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! Glad your brother was so supportive :slight_smile: