1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting the dots

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MixedNutz, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MixedNutz

So I've been subtly tagging my bf in Facebook check-ins more and more...

I think this has been the best way to go as coming out to people without announcing it. It seems to be working too.

I get a random text from a friend I used to hang out with yesterday.. "would you and Christian wanna come out Hoboken with me and some others on sat?"

I had to question why she choose to ask me about bringing him.

Her answer "well I see you tagging yourself with him and you both have had the same pug in your profile pictures, I connected the dots and I just assumed he was your boyfriend but OMG if I'm wrong I'm soo sorry"

I told Her she was right and discussion ensued and she is eager to meet him.

#1 MixedNutz, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. shovelman

That's awesome man, I'm glad things are working out the way you want them to :slight_smile:.

3. AlexisAnne

Sometimes subtlety works :slight_smile: It seems like this method is working for you and I'm thrilled to hear it went well with your friend!

4. Acobi

Acobi Guest

This is quite smart. I really like this and will no doubtfully use this if I ever land a boyfriend. That is awesome that it is working well for you and now you can sit back and let your other friends connect the dots-no more work on your part!

5. returning

Congratulations! Sometimes you dont have to barge out of the closet, you just have to calmly swing the door open while nobodies looking and then POUNCE! and go for the prey.

yeah, i just killed my metaphor.

6. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    That's actually a really good idea! It seems that subtlety is working well for you :slight_smile:

7. curlycats

wow, Facebook can actually be good for something lol. <- obviously a FB hater

but yeah, that is a really great idea you've come up with and i'm sure it could easily be tweaked and applied elsewhere as well. thanks for sharing it and i'm glad it's working well for you. :slight_smile:

8. niallhoran

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's an interesting way to do it...I never even considered that, haha!