1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out via photos

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LorenzG1950, Mar 6, 2008.

1. LorenzG1950

After cleaning up my desk at work last week, I positioned 3 photos on a ledge which customers notice when they come to visit my office.

Photo 1 = my favorite girlfriend of many years, the first person I came out to 2 years ago.

Photo 2 = a beautiful seashore photo from my vacation in Malta last November

Photo 3 = my boyfriend on the Malta shoreline

So a young soldier friend of mine comes in (He’s in a charge of a recreational program for single soldiers) staring right at the photos, asking who the woman was. I explain that it’s my girlfriend who I almost married twice. Cool! Then he asks me who the guy is in picture 3 and I explain that it’s my boyfriend, the guy I went to Malta with in November, and the reason I didn’t marry the girl in the first picture :eek: .

It was kinda like watching his brain working overtime to compute what my statement could mean. His face took on all forms of confusion and all of a sudden, it sank in. All he could say was “Oh????????? and he’s kind of young…” :wow:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Funny as hell for me, and a strange way of coming out to a friend at work. :eusa_danc

2. Jim1454

That IS very funny. I'm imagining me putting a picture of my bf and I on my desk beside the pictures of my kids... as I haven't had a picture of my wife an I out for quite a while now.

That certainly would be an effective way to come out at work.

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha that's an entertaining way of coming out!! Maybe I should put a pic of my girlfriend on my bedside table...oh wait I don't have one...

4. Zec24

That is a great way to come out. Considering he's a soldier he might not have been able to say what he wanted. It probably took him by surprise and he was trying to think of the official military line for such instances. "Ohhh" was probably safest.

And I have the same problem as Heatqueen, no girlfriend to put up a picture of.

5. Quitex

Quitex Guest

HAHA!!!! Very true!

Well, awesome way of coming out for sure :O!
    :slight_smile:

6. biisme

that's great! i love it. :slight_smile:

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love it! Very spontaneous!

8. sexyalex

err, judging by ur profile i can see u take friends very "seriously" umm.....well. yea...thats intresting. i tried comming out through pictures by accident once....
    ....but u know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :dry: and so what if ur bf is young :dry:

young boys are mean and immature, no wonder pople are dateing older than their gae today.

9. davo-man

Good job, I like that idea, cos you don't have to actively come out, but just let people know that you're gay when they ask

My brain is dumb...like seriously, I keep misreading things....I honestly thought you were saying that you don't have a bed side table

10. Seanboy23

That's awesome, Lorenz!

Myself, I am have not come out nor am I out at work; however, I have a cute photo collage of my two sons, and right below that a few pictures of my boyfriend (one of which was taken on Castro Street at SF Pride just last month). If anyone asks me about the pics, I tell them who everyone is, with happiness and a sparkle in my eye! So far, the reaction I get is a variable on the theme of "oh, cool!" or "That's great!"

11. silentsound

ha, this made ma laugh. I love creative coming outs *makes mental note to accomplish one one day*

Congratulations!

12. cm25

cm25 Guest

don't worry I thought that too...... Hehehe ummmm maybe I shouldn't of said that LOL jk

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm...this is a seven-month-old thread here.

14. silentsound

to be fair, it is only *5* months old

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol tis ok, I worded it badly. I meant that I don't have a girlfriend.