1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hkraised, Feb 2, 2013.

1. hkraised

hkraised Guest

omg i actually love my friend
    She has been dropping hints for a while that she thought I was a lesbian. At lunch the other day i finally just asked her straight out if she thought i was gay. She said she had no idea but it was possible, didnt matter either way and asked what i thought. I told her the truth: I have no idea but im not straight. She basically just assured me that I would probably be more sure once I actually start dating.

She also said she would be thrilled if I was bi because 'I could set you up with anyone, it would be so much easier!'

Sorry if that is a little rambly but just pretty cool. I hope others can read this and find someone they can trust to tell about who they are. So far things seem the same between me and her and hopefully it doesnt become awkward

I just want to thank EC. It took me reading these forums to become more comfortable and people suggesting that I didnt need to be sure about my sexuality before talking to people i trust

2. Rexmond

Best friends are the ones that matter. They'll understand and be there for you, as long as you are for them. Congratulations on coming out, it's a first step, but a huge one! :wink:

3. hkraised

hkraised Guest

Im looking at it as a first step but coming out to anyone else is really going to be postponed until im more sure of myself

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! I'm glad your best friend was accepting :grin: It feels good, doesn't it?

5. Knowbie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats on coming out! I still havent managed to build up the courage, wish I was as strong as people like you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you, girl, are awesome :wink: congratulations on coming out for the very first time
    I'm so glad for you that everything went so well (&&&)