1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NYR: Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SmokeandMirrors, Feb 3, 2013.

?

Who has 'coming out' on their New Year resolution list?

1. Yes, I had it and have come out already this new year.

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Yes, I have and am just waiting for my time to do so.

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. No, I don't want to hold myself to it.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quick Poll really as It was important for me at the start of a new year to make it my year and let loose my true identity that I had hidden for so long. Best new year's resolution I ever made...and the first I've kept.

Anyone else took the step of making 2013 your year?

2. Munyal

I made my resolution to be completely out by January 31st, but that didn't happen. I'm only out to a couple friends and my family. But that's better than nobody!

3. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definately Kade, the coming out to the family and close friends is the biggest thing IMO. I think once you've done that you kinda sink into a 'if you ask i'll tell but I know longer feel the need to announce myself'. That's what happened to me when I came out to my close friends, super aunty, and ex then moved into my own place; I no longer feel the need to wave my big 'im gay' flag about anymore but am looking forward to letting people discover it themselves (and if they don't well, the superman style 'i love guys' t-shirt hiding under my shirt will always help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. Lewis

I did, but it's not going to happen. I'm out to friends, but I just can't bring myself to tell my parents.

5. mothcaterpillar

I didn;t make it at new year so it's more a 2 weeks after ny resolution but I have told someone (Not just EC people) n am planning to give my letter to my parents tommorow

6. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My resolution was to start changing things I don't like about my life. Coming out was part of that. That's one thing checked off the list :slight_smile:

7. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great though and you're already part way there by telling your friends. You've got a whole year to make it happen before you turn it into next NYR :slight_smile: My parents have just gone on holiday for a month but I don't see them much anyway. Still, it gives me time to get settled in to my new lifestyle before telling them when they get back.

Good stuff moth :goodluck: with your parents, i'm really pleased for you plus your a geographical neighbour of mine :grin:

8. Bolin

I don't make New Year's resolutions in general. It would be nice if I could come out to everyone this year, but I need to make sure I'm financially independent and have my own place since my living situation would probably be jeopardized.

9. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Yep. Coming out was on my New Year's resolution list. I've come out to a few people this year already. I also decorated all of my school notebooks with rainbow colors and lesbian symbols :slight_smile:

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I am mostly out, it was still on my list because there are some people that did not know. I have told a couple of those people, so I feel like I am being successful with this so far.

(It's been my only resolution for the past two years. I usually don't make them.)

11. Cthulhu

I read NYR as "New York Rangers". :lol: