1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my mom on the 17th

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by flaviob, Feb 3, 2013.

1. flaviob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This year is the year that I'll have to study the most to get into a public university here in Brazil (here they are the best ones), I'll barely leave my house. Only on Saturday nights which I intend to go clubbing or something to get my mind off things. My school year starts on Feb 18th.

I want to tell me mother because she always "drops hints" (i don't know if I used the right expression) that "this girl is cute, why don't you give her a little kiss?", "this friend of yours, have you ever kissed her? she's just your friend?" and it makes me sad because I feel that she's realized that I *might* be gay and wants to do something to "prevent it", as if something like that could be done.

I came here for hints on how to tell her, I was going to tell her that I had a boyfriend and that she met him when she didn't know we were gay, but somebody told me now that she might freak out even more and I will leave that part out.

Thanks in advance, sorry for any English mistakes

2. RainbowMan

No worries, your English is better than my Portuguese (and there's nothing wrong with that English) :grin:

I've written my parents a letter, which I haven't sent yet. I think that might be a good way - since everything that you want to say can be said, without fear of having them cut you off or lead in a way that you're not prepared for.

But everyone is different, that might or might not work for you.

3. Lewis

Good luck! :slight_smile: