1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out and being accepted!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DeanIsHome, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DeanIsHome

So today at around 5 I came out to one of my friends Katie through texting, I really didn't plan on it at ALL it was just a thing of the moment.
    So what happened first was I basically gave her a hard time saying "If you tell I will die" "I'm serious, you cannot tell ANYONE!" "SWEAR ON SOMEONE" so after all that I told her "I'm gay" just like that and her initial response was "Are you sure?" "are you serious?!?!" "you're trolling me huh?"
    So after a lot of her constant "are you trolling me" i told her to look on EC for my user and for "regretful coming out" one of my first threads and i posted this for her:
    and she still could not take it in! So after a while of quizzing interviewing me she said "i couldn't even expect that! you always seem so straight!" and then she said "you always make it apparent you're straight, are you sure you're not trolling?" finally she accepted it after being in such disbelief and were having a long, long conversation on how i did such a great job on covering up!
    Katie if you're reading this (she probably is) yes you are AWESOME and GENIUS

2. Minx

3. Cthulhu

That's nice! :slight_smile:

4. DeanIsHome

She texted me not long ago lol she saw this (!)

5. shovelman

Congrats man! I'm glad you found someone to trust who isn't judgmental and is supportive :slight_smile:

6. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! It's great that your friend is so supportive, even if it took her awhile to believe you :grin:

7. Emberblaze

Heh if there's ANYTHING i've learned about coming out, it's that it is NOT as easy to be out as you think.

I started wearing a rainbow bracelet and wore it for like 2 weeks, half of everyone that saw it had never even HEARD of the pride rainbow...

So, when that didn't work, I recently made a little badge on my book bag that says "Gay and Proud!"... Lols, that STILL didn't entirely work! People kept asking who put it on my bookbag!!! Facepalm!!!!

Yesterday, I wore a pair of coral-pink skinny jeans. They were LITERALLY girls pants! Me and my friend bought a couple pair of colored pants for me the other day. Heh and I'm talkin' these were a size 10 in juniors!!! And to make matters more comical, I was wearing the SAME EXACT PANTS as a girl in two of my classes!!! (only I obviously looked better in em ^^)
    heh, so you'd think that after that, everyone would know that I'm obviously gay, right?

Heh, heh, heh, WRONG!!!

I STILL have people who are surprised when I say I'm gay! And some of these SAME people are people that I've already TOLD!!!

Lols, so yes, I know the feeling... Getting OUT really isn't as easy as I thought... And I still don't think I'm fully out... This shit's hard work! I wanna come out to my dad in person and I don't see him til like the first of April, so I can't make a facebook post yet, but guuuuh, I'm SO tempted

8. PeteNJ

Great for you! Nice to have friends who love you!

9. MartyK

MartyK Guest

I wish i had a coming out story to share.

I'll just keep reading other's for now.