1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Bloomer

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mamaK, Feb 5, 2013.

1. mamaK

I'm a little late to my own party... I'm a mother of two now. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm attracted to women as well as men, and I'm not sure what to do. Coming out to everyone is so far down the line, my close friends, not so much. I really need some reassurance that I'm not alone here, and that there's others who have come out AFTER having a hetero family started. I feel so alone... :help:

2. Jeff

There are some very uplifting stories around here you may have even read them. Have you seen that youtube video of the woman who came out after being married and having kids?

It turned out really great for her and the kids. I'll have to find that video for you of her talking while she walks her dog I think it is.

Anyway, you don't have to actually come out like tell everyone. It is an individual thing, a process which is about you understanding yourself most importantly.

Anyway, it is exciting to me to see so many people coming out, or at least sharing their world and life here. There is a big change coming on in the world right now. And that is good for folks who are not 100% hetero. It will soon be very common for kids to refer to both of their Moms, or Dads, or their Dad and step Dad who are married. Once same sex marriage passes in the US and UK, it will be a new world.

Anyway, you'll be glad you stopped in, and we're glad to have you. You are not alone.