1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to another friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by animequeen567, Feb 8, 2013.

1. animequeen567

I've been worrying about coming out to this particular friend for a while because she tends to be closed minded. She grew up in a family that consisted of several homophobes, but so many of her friends are gay, bi, and lesbian though. I was super worried about coming out to her. Anyway, I just recently got a keychain that had the pansexual flag on it. I had it on my lanyard. I was over at her dorm and she happened to see it. She looked at it and asked me what it was. I told her that it was the pansexual flag, and that was the end of it. After that, we left the room and hung out for a while, we also had a friend there that already knew about me (She was also in the room during the keychain incident). When me and friend number 2 were left alone, she told me that that would have been the perfect time to tell her. I assumed that she'd get the hint. Eventually I went back to my room and I got a message from friend number 2 saying that 1 did get the hint. Friend number 2 asked her if she got the hint as soon as I left. 1 said yeah, and asked if I was bisexual. Then she proceeded to tell her I was pansexual and explained it to her. 1 was completely fine with it. Later that day, I came back to her room. Asked her about it. She said yeah that she got it. Then she told me she knew another girl that was pansexual. She didn't know what it meant then, but now she does. So all that worrying for nothing. She's completely cool about it! Makes me happy :grin: :eusa_danc Sorry if my story was scattered and confusing.

2. Ianthe

Congratulations! I'm so glad she's supportive.

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! I'm glad your friend was accepting and got the hint :slight_smile:

4. DeanIsHome

Congrats :eusa_clap I like the way you hinted them