1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Colours, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Colours

Last night I had planned to go to this party with my friend and her boyfriend, in the village they live in (they live together). We'd have dinner at their place first, so I saw my chance. It didn't go exactly according to plan, but it went great either way. This was my first time coming out as gay instead of bi, by the way.

I took the bus to their village and I texted my friend asking if we could meet up at the bus station because I had something to tell her. I wanted to tell her seperately because I know her better and since her boyfriend is a guy (yep) I didn't know how he would react. I knew she would be accepting though. She didn't answer however, so I was thinking about waiting for a while and calling her if she didn't answer. However, it started hailing pretty bad, so telling her outside wasn't really an option. I decided to just go inside and tell them both at the same time.
    So I got in, and after a few minutes I asked my friend if she had read my message. She hadn't, so I asked her to do that. So she was like okay, go ahead and tell me (her boyfriend was in the same room). I asked her whether she had any idea of what I was going to tell her because I thought they had at least the slightest clue. They didn't know, and guessed a few times until I said 'Do I really have to say it myself?'. My friend said well you could text it to me and I'll read it. So as I was writing out the message ('I'm gay'), her boyfriend asked sort of jokingly: 'Are you gay as well?' (apparently, another of their friends has come out to them as a lesbian last week). I was so glad they asked that, even if it was a joke. So I told them they guessed right.

They asked how long I had known, who else knew, the standard stuff. I was glad they asked that but I didn't go into too much detail. They also asked if I liked anyone so I told them about my current crush, who is straight to me (until proven otherwise). My friend has seen him on my birthday party however and she said that he gave off a gay vibe that night or something (he seems pretty straight to me though). So I was about to say that if she was right, it would make her gaydar pretty good (she has been right before) but then again she had no clue about me so I'm not sure haha.

It feels great to have someone know the full truth. :slight_smile: Both took it really well, although the boyfriend did get a little bit touchy with me later which kind of confused me.

We also discussed who else I was planning to tell. Tonight I'm going out with one of my good straight friends and even though his sister is a lesbian, my friend thinks he'll be kind of weirded out. Not sure about that yet. I might just send him a 'I have something to tell you' text before taking off to his place, but it might make the night out awkward (we're going clubbing) so I don't know.

The End! (for now, anyway :astonished:)

2. Minx

Aww, congratulations! :slight_smile:

3. BornInTexas

Congratulations! I am proud of you. :slight_smile:

4. Cthulhu

Congrats! :slight_smile:

5. shovelman

Congrats! I'm glad your friends took it well and remember to go at your own pase, don't feel like you have to tell everyone right away if your not 100% comfortable with more people knowing yet.

6. Colours

Thanks all!

Thanks. I'm pretty comfortable with the idea, but it's just that with some people I'm not sure how to tell them / how they will take it. :slight_smile: I'll make sure to remember that though!

7. shovelman

Well be sure to send me message if you ever need help with something, I'll be happy to help in anyway I can :slight_smile:. Also we're all here for you at EC :slight_smile:.

8. PeteNJ

Excellent! Great to have friends like that. And a big hug for opening up about youself!

9. Wynter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Aww congratulations! Well done! :slight_smile:

10. starmarie

starmarie Guest

Congrats!! I'm glad it went well. :slight_smile: