1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Via Poem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GlindaRose, Mar 9, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The poem in question was the 'Black and white' poem I posted in the chit chat section a while ago. I'd e-mailed it to my friend as a kind of hint, although I knew she wouldn't properly understand its meaning. So I spoke to her on the phone, and I told her it was really significant to me. So after a while of dodging around the subject...

Me: I'm gay.
    *Silence*
    Her: Is that it?

It's the first time I've ever properly gotten the words out of my mouth without someone interrupting or figuring it out before I told them, or writing it in a text message. YIPPEEEEEE!!!

She was completely okay with it. That said I didn't expect her not to be because she's friends with 2 bisexuals anyway; I'm just another addition to the 'non-straight' party. :grin:

2. Tim

Tim

Wow, Congrats :slight_smile: That's definately an interesting way to hint at it =P

Takes a lot of courage to straight up say "I'm gay", glad you have another friend who knows :slight_smile:

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!

Yeah, I still can't say 'I'm gay' out loud either. Every time I came out until now I said something like 'I like guys' or described it somehow. I don't exactly know why but I guess it will be resolved in time :slight_smile:

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey congratulations!!

I can't believe you actually said the words "I'm gay": it is so hard to say this anyway, especially when you're coming out (I've always done it by email or, in speech, done it in a very roundabout way).

Do you know these bisexual friends of hers? And are they female???.... :wink:

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks!! :grin:

Lol yeah those bi ones are the other 2 friends I'm out to and one's got a boyfriend, and the other I don't like in that way. :frowning2:

I'd happily have the one with the boyfriend if she didn't have one...dayarm. I'm too slow...

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Oh that's a shame about the boyfriend :frowning2:

But at least you've got a little community of LGBT people going on there, always a good thing!!

(one side effect I've found in coming out to people is that I find out about other people who I knew, but didn't know were gay. Everytime I come out to someone, they tell me about someone else...maybe this will happen to you and you'll get your fun that way :grin: )

But congrats on the coming out!!

7. biisme

yayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Vampyrecat

Hey congratulations! I'm so glad this worked out for you! *gigantic hugs*

9. Fiorino

Yay! Congrats (!) !

10. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

congrats

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Splendid stuff! High fives!