1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by confeshhhions, Feb 12, 2013.

1. confeshhhions

As I said last week, I came out to my best friend and she had the best possible reaction I could ever hope for, then set off to interrogate me about being bisexual :')

But my dilemma now is, coming out to my family.

The majority of my sister's friends are gay, but when talking to her once, she expressed her negative views and feelings on bisexuals.. Stating them "greedy" and saying they need to "make up their f*cking minds". She laughed it off, but it really affected me being a closet bi. My brother tends to agree with her feelings on bisexuals, and my father has said he'd be accepting if any of his children 'came out' to him, but he'd be disappointed, too. My mother seems to have the attitude that we'd be her son, or daughter, no matter what.

Any advice or thoughts on my coming out to my family? Especially with their negative views.. Has anybody else experienced coming out to people who think and/or feel this way about gay or bisexual people?

Much appreciated!