1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Bloomer - Divorce Decree signed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lighthouse, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Lighthouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello all,

It's been far too long since I last posted. When I did last sign in, I was new to Empty Closets. I think I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of information everyone had to share. Well, as the title of my thread states, I'm a "late bloomer"...for those who aren't familiar with the term...I'm 44 and figured out about a year ago that I am gay. Thinking back in my life, there were clues but I overlooked or ignored them.

I didn't tell my husband, but filed for divorce...trust me there were other basis. So the court signed the decree on Friday and it will be final in 30 days. While I m happy, this is my coins divorce...thus my se bond marriage "failure". My girlfriend, who I've been with for months, said not to consider it a failure.

I've managed to tell a couple of straight friends and they handled it far better than I anticipated. I think my closest family member, my aunt has figured it out...but I haven't been able to tell her outright. But I do mention my girlfriend's name quite often and now she asks about her ad recently asked about her joining us on vacation over the summer and at Christmas....so I'm quite confident she's figured it out.

I'm not sure what my purpose is in posting this thread other than maybe to see if others have been through similar situations or any great words of wisdom. I plan to explore EC more often because it sure looks like an awesome site for info.

Thanks for reading my rambling :newcolor:

2. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! I love it here, people are nice and its generally a good time.

3. Femme

Congrats! My girlfriend was the same. Married 18 years. We've been together for 7 years and have a good relationship. I wish you well.

4. Jeff

Did your husband figure it out, or is he still in the dark. I know it is water under the bridge now, but I hope he handled things ok and was not crushed when the rug was pulled out form under him.

Congrats, and welcome to new found happiness.