1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dovahkiin, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all :slight_smile:

thought I'd share my story with you all, it's not that interesting or exciting but I thought I'd share it anyway.

If you have read my introduction post, you'll see that I came out when I was 13 and I felt as though people dismissed it as a phase. I came out to all my friends at the time and my family, my family were the ones who I felt dismissed it, and my 'friends' thought I was attention seeking and used my sexuality against me. I was pretty badly bullied partly because of this. Anyway, I thought I'd grown out of it after a couple of years because my mental health hasn't been top notch and I've been in hospital with it etc I never realised that it was still the same. That was until I started college again in September. I immediately fell for a girl in my tutor group. I didn't realise it for a month or so, I was denying it to myself I think. But anyway, months passed and the feelings are growing. But I eventually came out to a friend, and she was fine with it straight away, but also straight away went and told her sister.. which I wasn't massively amused about but it helped me come out to her too. They encouraged me to tell another friend. So all my close friends know. They all encouraged me to tell my family. I told my sister first and then my mum. They're both perfectly fine with it. My sister told her fiance as soon as I told her (we were on Skype) and he just shrugged lol! So all my family are cool with it, I'm incredibly lucky to have such accepting family members/friends. My biggest fear was that they would ask a lot of questions. My mum and sister both asked 1 question (the same question) "Do you have a girlfriend?" lol I told them I wasn't that lucky.

That's about it really, like I said - it's not massively interesting, but I thought I'd share it :slight_smile:

Hope you're all okay :grin:

2. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol didn't think anyone would find it interesting.