1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG, I have just come out to my Mum!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sayu, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Sayu

I didn't plan it at all. My mum is currently away from home on some job course and I was just randomly chatting with her when I thought I should come out to her. I typed these few sentences, in which I told her that I liked girls as well as boys and that I hoped she didn't mind it. To be honest, I expected her to react better then she did (at first she told me that it's because of me spending so much time on computer and that maybe she have failed in raising me. Then she totally freaked me out when she said that she will maybe insist on me changing my dressing style, but I said that putting a pink t-shirt won't make me feel different). She was trying to persuade me that this was only a phase and that I just haven't met the right guy, etc. etc. I guess she just needs some time to get comfortable with it. But in the end she said that I didn't disappoint her in any way and that even if I ended up with a woman, I wasn't gonna lose her and that she loves me very much and always will (*hug*)

So I guess it's going to be good. I feel relieved a bit, but I somewhat wish I didn't tell her. Dunno why, because she's not mad or anything, but she works a lot and this job course might have been like a holiday to her and now I feel like I've ruined it with this announcement :icon_sad:

#1 Sayu, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. Minx

Congrats? :confused:

3. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

A definite congratulations are in order!

That was brave of you and I think you've taken a huge step forward!

4. Van

Van

Congrats.
    Just give your mom some time.
    (*hug*)

5. Sayu

Thank you, guys! Haha, and guess what I've just noticed - that was exactly my 500th post! :slight_smile:

6. Sayu

Guys, I have one question. What if my mum will really insist on me changing my clothes? Because I wear lots of shirts and boyish clothes... I hope she won't, but if yes, what should I do? She thinks that I'm "supporting this thing" by wearing boys' clothes :help:

7. Van

Van

Just talk to her and tell her how you feel.

8. wandering i

Ask her if wearing masculine clothing would make her more attracted to women. She needs to understand how you present yourself doesn't affect your sexual attraction to women.

9. confeshhhions

Good for you on having the courage on coming out to your mum! It may feel a bit awkward to you, but thats just adjusting to the fact that you've told her. Your mother will come around, and you shouldn't think you have ruined her course/holiday! You haven't. Trust me.

10. Sayu

Thank you, everyone, for your advices!

I really like this one! :slight_smile: But I still hope it won't be necessary :rolle: