1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My wife is going to a PFLAG meeting tonight!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PianoNate, Feb 16, 2013.

1. PianoNate

Yeah! That's right ... my wife is going to a PFLAG event tonight in our new hometown. How cool is that?

Just thought I'd let ya'll know how things were going in the pianoNate family these days. I'm going back to school (yay ... learnin' is fun! boo ... where did all my spare time go?), kids are adjusting remarkably well to new city and life, the mrs. and I are in separate bedrooms now although neither of us are getting any action. (a fact which we commiserated over together and drank to for our V-day celebration)

She continues to be supportive, incredibly so ... the only difficulty so far is finding a social group. So, I suggested PFLAG and I imagine they'll love her there! Anyone have any dealings with your local group? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Suggestions? I'm trying not to interfere too much, but sent a short email to the local chapter that said she'd be coming by and to look out for her. Got a response back saying they were excited to meet her.

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news! And again, tyty to the EC forum and moderators ... I'm another one of those lives you've changed for the better.

2. Minx

Congrats. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much for the update! Really glad things are working out so well with you and your wife. IT's so much better when the communication is open and honest!

4. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi PianoNate

I, like a surprisingly large number of others on EC, am starting down a similar journey to the one you have undertaken. I hope when I finally have the courage to come out to my wife that she will be as understanding as your wife.

I have only just come across your profile so have not yet had the time to read all your posts. I look forward to reading how she feels once she has been to the meeting if you are willing to share this information.

Your story, and those of fellow travellers, has been a great inspiration to me over the last month since joining EC as I struggle to come to terms with my situation. Thank you for sharing your journey with the rest of us.

Sale Gay Guy