1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told another friend tonight!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JustARaconteur, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, tomorrow is my birthday and tonight a few friends wanted to take me out to dinner. We went to my favorite local restaurant (the perks of living in a college town) and got daiqiuiris after. We came back to my place to drink them and hang out, and that's when I decided to tell my one friend in the group who doesn't know about me.

We were all lounging around my living room and I said, "I need to tell you something." She looked at me and I could already feel my pulse going up and my voice started to stammer, which is what I do when I'm nervous. I said, "Well, I'll just get to it and not tell you how I told some others. I'm gay." There was a small pause and she said, "That's cool. I don't care at all who you are as long as you're okay with yourself."

What followed after was about 45 minutes of answering questions about how long I knew, the one girlfriend, my outing as a teenager, and how out I was because she didn't want to blab to anyone without my permission. Then the rest of the night carried on as usual.

When they all left, she gave me this big hug and told me we'd have to go to the clubs together and scope out guys together. We both laughed but I thanked her sincerely for being a good friend.

2. merp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :icon_bigg :eusa_clap (&&&) (!) :thumbsup: :eusa_danc :smilewave :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. DeanIsHome

Awwww congrats (!) you're so brave to tell her in person!

4. LiquidSwords

5. BornInTexas

congratulations! :slight_smile:

6. Lucky Oshawott

Congrats bro! Well done; It's always nice to read about people getting good responses and I wish you the best (*hug*)