1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by scottish, Feb 17, 2013.

1. scottish

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I've not came out yet to anyone. I find it so hard, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I know that some of my friends would accept me(basically, all girls). But, I'm scared of other people finding out and then looking at me differently. I live in a town in Scotland where most people my age know of each other... Can someone please just give me some good advice :slight_smile:?

2. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't give you any real great advice, seeing as how I've only just cracked open the door to my closet slightly, but I can tell you that you don't need to rush to come out.
    It's not an easy thing, at least for most of us, and it's a big step.
    Take small steps, and being on here counts as one.
    I do say take your time, but don't wait as long as I have. I wish I would have done it by the time I hit my 20s.
    You say you live in a small town, and I know how that is, but if there are any LGBT groups, you could always try those.
    Do what you feel is right.
    If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a friend you can trust, one you would be willing to let in on your secret, try them.
    As I said, I can't give much. Small town, no support groups, I've waited until my mid 20s to start peeking out my closet door, and I've got nobody close to me that I trust to tell, I can only give you so much in the way of advice, but I wish you the very best in your journey. =)

3. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^THIS^

I kind of know whats up for you. I go to a primarily boarding school in a small town in Colorado. Because so many of the kids live in the same buildings, news gets around. I ended up finding the person who I didn't necessarily know the best, but was also gay and I knew I could trust. I told him I was gay ONLY after making sure he wouldn't just run around the school telling every person who looked his way. I think if you really feel like someone else could help you ease the burden of keeping this secret, you by all means could tell them. If you aren't QUITE ready for everyone to know, I would suggest finding a friend who you know could keep a secret!