1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a few more people last night!`

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainbowMan, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

I was at the bar last night, as I normally am on Saturday nights, and the topic of my birthday came up in conversation with me, my friend, and the bartender. So I just BS'ed about how I didn't do anything, got asked when the party was (I said never LOL, I'm serious about that - at 34, I really don't think that a birthday party is necessary. Talk to me in 6 years :grin:)

So when the bartender walked away, I said "Well, I might as well be honest about what I did for my birthday. I told my parents I'm gay"

Him: "Are you gay? Not that I care one way or the other"
    Me: "Yeah, I've known for quite awhile. Just now accepting it though"
    Him: "Wow, that's the last thing I expected to hear tonight!"

He didn't seem to get the difference between knowing you're gay, and actually accepting that fact in yourself - probably not something that you can REALLY get unless you've experienced it, I guess.

Then later in the night I casually came out to a bartender at another bar - he just looked slightly taken aback (but not surprised) and continued the conversation we were having (me being gay was somewhat relevant in context, so that's not a shocker at all).

All in all, a great night last night (and I got home drunk at 4:30AM, slept til 2 today! Yippee!)

2. The Queen Bee

Little by little, dude...

I was in denial for quite a while.

3. BornInTexas

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

4. Ticklish Fish

congratulations on coming out to strangers, lol.

you tip them well ?xD

5. RainbowMan

Heh, none of these people were strangers - they were friends of several years :grin:

But yeah, I tip well, especially my friends :grin:

6. EpiclyDelicious

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known since I was pretty young that I'm Bi. But it wasn't till about eight years ago when I came to terms with it and accepted my self. But good for you!

7. RainbowMan

OK, this story ends with a sad note (though not in any way relating to coming out) :frowning2:

Apparently I was too drunk at 4AM, and left my bag in the bar. I finally went back to collect it today, and found that my bag was there, and my laptop that was inside was missing :frowning2:

Oh well - lesson of the experience - never go drinking with your laptop! I should have gone home and dropped it off first.