1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bad come out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sandseeker, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Sandseeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today I told my parents I was a bisexual.. They were so unaccepting of me and my boyfriend and they demand I break up with him.. I was so upset and still am.. I just need some help or comfort to make me feel better. My sister was the only accepting one and I appreciate what she told me to make me feel better..

I had been planning to tell my parents for a while, scared for their reaction since they are religious.. I called them to my back room with my sister, I had told my sister prior to calling my parents.. They walked in the back room and I told them and they were simply disgusted and my mother was only half accepting and was against my boyfriend.. I really was upset and I'm not leaving my boyfriend. He means the world to me and I can't lose him..

2. Cthulhu

Some parents take time to take in what they've heard and accept. It could take minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, sometimes even years. Give them some time.

3. Xochipilli

I'm sorry about the way they took it, but your sister sounds awesome. You have support from her and your boyfriend, so lean on them and hopefully your parents will at least get to a point where they're tolerant.

4. Sandseeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My dad keeps telling me liking men is wrong. I don't care how long it takes, when I turn 18 I'm moving out and living with my boyfriend. My dad keeps telling me to break up with him. Screw him. He doesn't get my feelings.

5. Tiny Catastrophe

Cthulhu is right. Sometimes it could take a LONG time for parents to come around. My girlfriend has been out to her mom for almost 2 years now and her mom has slowly (VERYYY SLOWLY) started lightening up a bit. It's understandable to be angry and hurt but just give them some time. They love you.