1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidently came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by darkestknight, Mar 12, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

When I was happily doing my homework in my living room where my parents watch TV, I accidently blurted out,

I: "Hey, I have even crushes too, two women potentials (or you can say prospects), and two men, altogether!

Mother: "No way! You can't be gay! It IS something abnormal!!"

I: "Sheesh, I'm not 100% gay, y'see, but I still have interests on woman. Don't worry!"

Ma: "Damn, this IS not right, I should send you to a doctor to change you!!"

I: ":bang: No, no, no, no, no! It's inside myself! Don't worry ma, I like people, okay?"

Pa: "Man, must be some mistakes when we brought you up! I'm pretty sure it's a damn phase right? It is oh so wrong!!"

I: "Nope and nope. Ma and pa, you have not done any mistakes. In fact, it is the best one you can do for me. I really appreciate it very much. And it's not a phase! I enjoy both of them altogether! Hey, certain animals do that too. That's why I'm unique."

(My ma assumes that still I'm homosexual. But I am not 100%!)

Ma: "Must be those Western Culture that brainwashed you to become one..."

I: "Shit, like I've entered into a cult or something. It's in me already. I don't 'follow' them or whatever. I don't watch so much of a movie to be brainwashed by them. It's me. Me,me,me,me,me. Goodness, even people in the days of yore has already experienced bisexuality, and homosexuality."

Ma: "Lemme call your counsellor and have him change you."

I: (fuming but still in a jovial manner) "Oh holy sweet mother of god, there is NOTHING wrong with my counsellor or anything else. It is not to be changed, I'm just myself, and enjoying to be myself."

Pa: "I see. Well, that's wonderful that you said that you like both sexes, but remember, you better not cheat your wife when you marry too! Make your decisions well!"

I: "Well maybe it's me to decide, but I still like both. I don't see the gender. I don't feel like seeing the gender. I see a pleasent girl, yes, a pleasent girl. I see a cute guy, yes, a cute guy."

I continued,

I: (to mother) "Anyway, I'm still myself, I'm still me yesterday, and I'm still me last 10 years, and I'm all the time, me. So I came out suddenly, and I'm still myself. I have 2 legs, 2 eyes, 2... So don't worry too much.."

Ma: "But how about your liking towards the men?"

I: "Well, as I've said, I like people. I like men and women. I love it that way."

Ma: "oh whatever, but make sure you like women..." :bang:

Fortunately, my pa accepted that. He said that a counsellor help is very important. He knows me as a very emphatetic person, like a woman, and in the same time, I'm a man. He begins to get my uniqueness of my nature. But my ma... still needs his advice and support. My ma is really conservative, y'see?

Also, in the meantime my pa asked about the Edison Chen's collection's case -

Pa: "Hey you don't worry about seeing nude girls because you afraid you might get hooked to it. Maybe it is because you don't feel like getting woman..."

Me: "Shit, I always see nude girls before in the computer. I don't always see them. Well, anyway the collection has nothing to look at. Why, it's a serious disrespect of the girls and Edison Chen's together. I don't wanna see that too much anyway. Just a glance will do. I don't really get too stimulated by just ladies kissing or being wearing nothing but racks and the another thing, but I look for the inside of a woman feelings.:grin:"

Pa: "Well, you are definitely some kind of emphatetic person you are, you have some qualities ladies have. People are going to be proud of you!"

uh... and it went on just now. Sorry for my long-winded dialogue, it is quite scary and interesting at the same time.

And, I'm proud to be Bi. Period. :thumbsup:

edit: Oh goodness gracious me, this thread should belong to the "Coming Out" area. :grin:

#1 darkestknight, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

It sounds like you handled their questions well! Hopefully your parents will accept you in due course :grin: Well done! Be proud!!

3. Fiorino

Yay! Good job! I'm glad to hear that your
    Dad took it well, and I think your mom will
    just take time.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hey, congratulations!

I think you're going to have to work on your mum more, though. There is a thread here somewhere with a link to where you can download PFLAG booklets that will help her and dad. Of you don't have a printer, send Becky a PM and ask her to post them to you.

It is now. :wink:

5. biisme

Good job! You managed to talk to your mom reasonably, and that's important.

Yay for you!

6. darkestknight

Thanks! :grin: Just today morning it is okay. My ma still asked, "Have you chatted with your pa yesterday night? How was it? I was hoping that you are not homosexual..."

I told her nothing to worry about, and no more to worry about, "I like it that way, ma. Whether it is a man or a woman, I will love them."

My ma still said that she didn't have the mood to do anything. She has thoughts that she could have lost me already, but I'm still there. I dunno why, maybe she expected me to have been living happily ever after with a good wife and kids altogether.

As I've told her, I didn't ruin ALL her expectations. Again, I have feelings for both men and women at the same time. Although I have more sexual + emotional feelings towards men, but I have more emotional feelings towards women too. I enjoyed it.

I worried that she might be doing stupid things. I don't want her to hurt herself. I want her to nag me all day long, all century long, scolded me in front of the public, embarrass me in front of everyone, but not hurt herself. I really, really, really love my family, and I really really really multiplied power of infinity to love myself. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

7. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Thats cool that you had a proper talk to your parents.
    I also came out accidentally, but I was bit too young to have a conversation like that. Dad was ok with it but actually mum didnt say anything at all.

8. darkestknight

Hey there thanks for the support! :grin:

I called my ma just now, she was still adamant about it. She said that I could be changed or whatever it is. I felt irritated, but at least she said that she is fine and not depressed, only felt slightly demoralized.

And, she want to get me a girlfriend. For now, I don't want any girls. I don't want any boys as well. I don't want her to get me a partner - this is my own task. Sighhh....

I wish she could accept me as I am. As for my father, he is still in a little bit of a denial, saying that the 'hormones' are excuses anyway. But, frankly speaking, I found it all beyond my control. I can't just wake up and suddenly think that "Hooray, I want to have a woman now!"... :grin:

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well done. The dialogue was fantastic!! I'm glad it worked out. At least they're not in complete denial which is a start. Keep it up.

10. darkestknight

Thanks. My pa did okay with my sexuality, but it isn't for my ma. My ma still insists to get me a woman. It is annoying, as I'm not rushing for any kind of relationship now.

Feeling annoyed by her reply, I wrote whatever flow of my mind onto a piece of paper, then a whole god damned essay about my bisexuality. I felt too relieved when I completed the essay. I wrote whatever I could thought of - until 2am yesterday.Then, I continued and finished the whole, whooping 8-page story, about all my crushes, and my fantasies all together the next day. :grin:

The only thing is I wish my ma accept me as a normal human being.

#10 darkestknight, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008