1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JustMe2602, Feb 18, 2013.

1. JustMe2602

I'm kinda stuck.

I want to come out because I can't pretend to be someone I'm not for much longer.
    But when I want to talk about it and come out, I get nervous and uncomfortable.
    I don't know what to do, i have been thinking about it for such a long time now but i can't seem to find a solution.

So, ideas anyone?

2. PeteNJ

Welcome to EC! None of us will have exactly your answer, you'll need to figure that out. But many of us will share with you our stories, and in our heads we're much more alike!

I'm going to suggest starting there to find your strength and inspiration -- you know that to be authentic, real, true to yourself you need to open up about who you are.

Who first? For me it was my best friend. Someone I'd known a long time. Talked about a lot of stuff together. Though nothing as deeply personal as this. When I told him, he more or less told me, WTF, why hadn't I told him a long time ago, he would have been there for me.

Its a big step, big vulnerability, to come out.. And the lesson I got from telling him, was that people you care about and who care about you, will be there for you.

Big hugs.... and keep posting!

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think coming out to a friend who you know will be accepting is the best bet. What I did was send them a message on Facebook and then we talked about it later, another thing you could do is tell somebody you have something you would like to say and say that it has to be in person. Then you can't really go back on it because they want to know what you have to say. Even though you do want to come out, you can't do it until you're ready, there may be many times you think you can do it, but until you're ready it'll be really difficult, so try not to force it.

There were many times over a period of four or five months I wanted to tell my parents, when I finally did it felt really good. Try to think of how it'll make you feel when you do come out, you won't have to hide anymore. And good luck! :slight_smile: