1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somewhat funny coming out story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anthonythegamer, Feb 18, 2013.

1. I came out to my friends on October 2012. It was actually a bit easy for me since my friends are very liberal and loves gay guys (most of my friends are female).

So it was morning and we were hanging out at the quad area doing our hw that we procrastinated on and we were talking about politics since election day was coming up. We were talking about political parties and one of my friends mentioned that most Republicans don't support same-sex marriage.

Since it was the perfect time to come out to my female friends and some guy friends, I decided to drop a huge hint that I'm gay. I ended up saying in a slightly somber voice," Yeah... most republicans say that I can't get married." They caught on pretty quickly and all except one said," You're gay?! AWESOME!!!" They gave me mini hugs except that one friend. She looked a bit shocked and walked up to me slowly. She started to cry with her arms sticking out and started to hug me tightly. I felt like,"...um are you okay???". She told me how proud she is and that she finally has a gay friend.

So that was pretty easy for me and kinda weird and funny.

2. Oh and I almost forgot, I came out to my guy friends on the same day at lunch. They took it rather well and lifted me up.... ROFL

3. DeanIsHome

LUCKY! That's awesome that you're friends are so open minded and accepting! Congrats (!)

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! It sounds like you have some awesome friends :grin:

5. shovelman

Haha, nice! Awesome friends like that are worth keeping around. Congrats :slight_smile:

6. Yeah, I think coming out to them was the ultimate test to see if they're my true friends.

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

That's awesome! I'm so glad you're family and friends have been so supportive! :grin:

8. Actually, my story is coming out to all of my friends. I haven't came out to family yet.

9. Lucky you. We don't all live in such accepting areas.

10. Clubsolar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree the south stinks

11. Yeaahhh, most of the South are red states aren't they?