1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared =\

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tadms1, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Tadms1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my name is tory .. i am 16 .. im scared to come out .. kind of .. im afraid of what people will say .. the only people i have come out to are my sister and my BFF .. i trust them with what i say .. im just scared of what will happen .. will i loose my other friends? ... or worse .. will i loose the love of my mom if she finds out? .. does anyone have advice for me =\

Tory :icon_redf

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are so young still. You're only 16. Take some time thinking about it. If they're your true friends they will stick with you no matter what happens. Good luck with all this. :slight_smile:

3. stanglvr89

I agree with Gerry. I'm sure everyone worries about the reaction of friends and family. Take your time and think about it.

4. CrimsonThunder

Hey Tory, welcome to EC we're all here to help ya. :slight_smile:

Being scared is a natural reaction for gay and bi people to feel, so don't worry too much about being scared and worry about how/if you're going to tell your family/friends. If you're not ready, then don't do it till you are! That could mean you wait till you're 21 and living on your own because if you think you're mum might not love you then you can't do it while living with her.

Best of luck. :slight_smile:

5. Tadms1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    =] well thank you guys for telling me ... i now think that what Gerry said about the true friends sticking around .. thats so true =] .. thank you guys

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

If your friends and family seem gay friendly, they may react better. It might be good to test the waters and see their general feelings before coming out. :slight_smile: