1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outed by mistake by adding EC to mailing list!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BBird75, Feb 22, 2013.

1. BBird75

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh my God I'm totally in shock!! I just set up a gmail account and wanted to let my contacts know my new email address, so sent a message to all my contacts from my old email to let them know. One of my friends (who I'm not out to yet ) has replied, and I've noticed in the list of recipients of myoriginal message, it's just names and email addresses, except EC, which says "Empty closets, anonline forum for lesbian, gay,
    bi and transsexual people..." Shit!! Everyone I know hasreceived that email, only a handful know. My poor parents! ':eusa_clap Thanks so much EC!! :icon_redf

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :0 This could go wrong or amazing...
    Let's thinks positive!:grin:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oops.. the interent is great.. sometimes. Other times, it can be a big annoyance...

I've had my share of internet outings... I hope that this turns out ok for you! Keep us updated.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Wow that is either really bad or freakin' amazing! Kepp us posted! I hope it will all work out for you, I'm sure it will be fine!

5. RainbowMan

This is why my EC mail comes to a different email account than the one that I normally check - it comes to one that I use for "private" stuff that I don't normally check.

But my meetup mail does not, and I'm a member of several LGBT meetups now. I'm somewhat scared that someone will find out based on me leaving my computer unattended with my mail open, or something like that - or I might have my mail up on the projector (which has happened a few times looking for things) or someone might be looking over my shoulder while I search for their mail, and the outing will happen.

I should really filter that stuff.....