1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not quite what I had planned out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GlindaRose, Mar 14, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently I'm practically out to the people at Wells (My next school for those who don't know).

It happened like this. Through a lesbian website, I miraculously came across a girl who goes there and, even more miraculously, she's in my year. So we started talking, became buddies etc. Anyway, someone from Wells found my profile on that website, God knows how, it was a straight guy (Weird, oui?), and found the girl through me. So she was forced out the closet (I feel sooo guilty!!!) and apparently I'm pretty much out at Wells as well.

Strangely, I'm not really unnerved by this. And that's despite the fact that I know someone at Wells who used to go to my school. We weren't really friends, but I was worried about her finding out. However, it seems that either she doesn't know or she's being incredibly nice because word still has yet to get back to my school, and apparently she hasn't talked about it at all. This is kind of confusing because a.) She's the sort of person who would know everything about everything, and b.) She's a loudmouth. She WOULD talk about this kind of thing.

And since I'm meant to be out at Wells, the fact that she's so far been silent is strange...

Hmm. *Speculates*

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you should just think of the positive thing about it. I mean at least you're out to a few more and sorry to hear about your friend being forced out. It's never good being forced. Too bad people have to be so ignorant and make a big deal out of something that is not a big deal at all. Good luck at Wells.

3. biisme

I hope everything works out okay!!!!!!!!!!

And, be sure to tell us what happens!

4. divadarya

Good luck, beautiful....You'll handle it with grace I'm sure!

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I think I'll have to wait for next year to find out what's going on (That's when I'm going to Wells) but I'll try and get more updates from my friend. :slight_smile:

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Sorry you seem to have been outed accidentally (and rather strangely I might add!!), but I think you sound like you'll be able to take it into your stride...plus, at least now you don't have to come out to them!! And with this girl, it seems to me that either she doesn't actually know, or that she doesn't care. Obviously you'd probably like to know either way whether she knows or not, but if she does know, and is respectful and not making a deal of it, then this probably bodes well for when you move to the school...

7. NathanHaleFan

As for the girl who is supposed to be a loudmouth, always assume good faith as to why she isn't blabbing. Or at least that's what Wikipedia says to do.

#7 NathanHaleFan, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^I really hope that's the case!!

I messaged that girl on facebook, just to say hi and to see if I could get any kind of idea whether I'm out to her or not. She hasn't replied yet but we'll see...

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Heh it does sound strange. But you seem to be handling it just fine... good luck!

10. waitingsucks

I'm sorry to hear that about both of you. Something tells me though that they "straight" guy who outed you might have secrets of his own. Why else would he be on that website. But yeah, good luck for the future and I hope that at least the people you want to take it well do so. :grin: