1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's all come true!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Praetor, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Praetor

WARNING! Uber long post, sorry :wink:

It's roughly 5:30 AM, and I should be sleeping, but instead I'm typing this because I am just so excited! Never in a million years would I have ever anticipated this.

This is a story for all those who think they will always be alone, to all of those who are insecure about themselves in some way, because I was one of those people.

Tonight I hung out again with the friend I came out to a little while ago, and we grabbed midnight snacks and such. His roommate/friend tagged along (we will refer to him simply as "the roommate"), and hung out with us. I knew the roommate somewhat well from a political science class that we are currently taking since we sit beside each other and often talk. I thought he was likely straight, and perfect in every way, so even if he wasn't straight I didn't thank I ever had a chance with him.

After we got back to their place, we played some truth or dare because we were really bored. Eventually, I was asked by the roommate the question "who would you rather sleep with" and given a choice between Spice Girls or One Direction (we were very bored). I was a bit unsure and nervous, to say the least. I decided to be honest, and at first he was confused. Perhaps he thought I was joking. As I got up to leave and my friend got to the car, I point blank told him when he asked about my orientation.

As we aimlessly drove along, my friend (who I am forever indebted to) told me that the roommate was gay. Then after that bombshell, I was told that he liked me. ME? Yes, apparently. I didn't think it was possible. I must have asked at least five times if this was some joke. How could someone like me? I was interested in him, definitely. Eventually, we parked the car and my friend sent a text to the roommate. Then another.

Before I knew it, I was traveling back to their place. I was trembling a bit, and probably not too coherent either. We opened the door, and my friend not-so-subtlely gave me some space to talk to the roommate. Soon enough, me and him were walking outside, being honest with each other about everything, filling the long silences with small talk. Later on, we hugged... many times... and I left, with a promise to go out on what I suppose would be called a date soon.

I can't say what will come, nor can I necessarily guarantee it will last, but I can say that this is proof that love exists for EVERYONE. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there once in a while :thumbsup:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :thumbsup: I take it you said "One Direction" :slight_smile: I hope it all goes really well for you & you keep us updated, always good to hear great news (&&&)

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so awesome! I hope it all goes well.

4. AKTodd

Congratulation!!! Very cool story and I'm so happy for you!

5. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wonderful post-- thanks for sharing. Your last sentence is a message for us all.

I hope the next steps in your journey are equally exciting.

I am very happy for you!

6. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Love this story! Congrats!

7. Ianthe

Is he included in your "three friends?"

This story is awesome. I love how your friend totally knew you we both gay, and that he liked you. It must have been so weird for him to not be able to tell his roommate that you were gay. (That is loyalty, by the way. Good choice in friends.)

Note: Guys who are fishing for your sexual orientation by asking you "One Direction or the Spice Girls" are probably gay. If for no other reason than that the Spice Girls have been dead as a band for over a decade, and One Direction is current. A straight guy would have had current hot girls in the question.

You do realize that question was purposely feeling you out for your sexual orientation, right? Straight guys have no reason to do this... And when gay guys do it, it usually means they like you.

I love how awkward you both are in this story. And the hugging. Make sure to set a date for the date.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a beautiful story, I don't think there is enough of that here. It's really all about finding someone to love and being loved, all the rest is commentary...

9. Minx

Wow.:eek: that's awesome! :grin:

Congratulations. :slight_smile:

10. Van

Van

I'm really happy for you. (*hug*) Congrats.
    And thanks for this post, it gives me some hope that I won't end up all alone. :grin: (even if I know I will)
    And you've got a really nice friend. :grin:

11. PeteNJ

Woo hoo! :thumbsup: Congratulations -- thank you so much for telling your story to us. Can't hear enough of that, especially for a guy like me who is just beginning to come out.

12. Cthulhu

Congrats! :slight_smile:

13. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! Wonderful story :slight_smile:

14. shovelman

Congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

15. Perseus

This is like a dream story that I've only dreamed for a thousand times! OMG I'm so happy for you :grin: good luck with everything and I wish you all the best :slight_smile:

16. Praetor

Well, dunno know if this is necessary, but just to give a quick update: it's only got MUCH better between me and him in the past while and I think we both feel the same way about each other... we also share a lot in common, which is nice. We've decided to set an official "first date" for some time this next weekend, so that should be good. I really can't believe I ended up with him. And he says the same... which I think is crazy because he is pretty much perfect (and I'm far from it), but I digress. I'm not complaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Indeed, yes. Suppose he's more than a friend :wink: so I guess that isn't entirely accurate.

Oh also, yes, my friend is awesome. He's been so supportive, I don't think anything would've happened without him.

I'll stop rambling now :wink: