1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My comming out story (so far)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Shizune, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Shizune

I told my parents:
    -I might be interested in girls, but I don't know.

My dad's response (he sounded like a robot and he is the funny parent):
    - You only think so because we saw that series last evening (it was the millennium series). I think you should sleep now. The next day he pretended that nothing had happend.

My mother's response (she was a bit angry):
    -No, you aren't lesbian, when you're old enough you are going to have a great husband and lovely children! Then she didn't want to talk to me, the rest of the day and the next day and after that she pretended that nothing had happend.

If they see a guy in the newpapper, they sometimes say to my little sister and I, things like:
    - Who of you two will marry him?

They, my little brother and some certain relatives, aren't any help. Especially my little brother (12) who all the time make bad comments about homosexualls. Sometimes when he call some people gay. My parents say things like:
    - Stop it, you can't call someone gay, it is one of the worst words you can say to anybody!
    They react as if my little brother have accused someone of murderer, out of the blue.
    And when my little brother call someone a idiot, they don't seem to care...

On the summer holiday last year, my little sister asked me who I were in love with. I said it was a secret and if she wanted to know she needed to guess. So I gave her my "school calender" (I hope that it's the English word for it) and I showed her the page of my class. So started to point at people and ask:
    - Is it him?
    - No
    - What about him then?
    Then it went on like that, until she asked:
    -Does the guy even go in you class or is it a girl?
    - You will need to guess.
    - But, you know who I have a crush on, why can't you tell me?
    - Ok, I have a crush on... my teacher's name.
    - Ok
    -Don't tell anybody.
    - Ok
    She was 10 years old then and she has kept that secret very well.

One month ago I told my extra English teacher about two weeks before My 15 birthday. I were crying, because I have had a really bad day and because I were so confused about my sexuallity. She became really worried when she saw me crying, so she started asking questions:
    - Have someone died, have you started to use drugs, have you stolen something, are you going to die?...
    After a while I said:
    -Can I just write it down? -.-
    - Of course.
    Hand her the note: " Please don't judge me, I think I am a lesbian. "

- Pewh, I thought you were going to die or something. Are you in love with me?
    - No
    - That's good, I'am a bit to old for you. I have had crushes on girls too, you know? But now I have a awsome husband and two awsome children.
    - ... -.-
    Then she started to ask questions:
    -How old were you when you figured it out?
    -Are you in love with a girl?
    - Yes
    -Have you told anybody?
    - My little sister.
    -Can you really trust your sister?
    - Yes, she is more mature then you may think and she know that I will become really sad and angry if she tell anybody.

Then she said:
    -I think you shouldn't be afraid to tell your parents, my mother is much crazier then your mother, seems. But I don't know about your dad, I seldom see him, you know? But you don't need to tell your parents before you are ready.

By the way there is much worse things then being homosexuall. Then she said:
    - Need to going now, I hope you will better next time I see you.

Then she leaved me all alone in the room.

Next week I'am planning to come out to a teacher, who I think at least is bisexuall. I have planned a book review with her after school. I'am going to review a book about a lesbian woman. I want to see her reaction about the book. If her reactions are good, then I will tell her. If they are bad I might still tell her, because I'm one of her favorite students.

Sorry, this post became really long, even tough I leaved out a lot of information. I just needed to get it all out and I hope this post will help at least on person. And sorry for my bad English, I'am from Sweden. Sweden! (!)

2. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, girl, that's actually awesome. Congratulations! I hope the other teacher has the same reaction as the first one.

3. campervankid

congrats on coming out! :slight_smile:

4. Sayu

I really liked this story and you're very brave :slight_smile: Aaand, your sister's awesome! :slight_smile: I would tell mine too, but she's only five yet :slight_smile: Btw., I have a crush on my teacher too, haha :slight_smile:

5. Shizune

Thank you and I didn't come out at the bookreview. I became a bit nervous...

6. Mysz

Find another time to do it, I think the sooner you start people on the path to realizing you are lesbian the better :slight_smile: They will have more time to adjust as you grow up, and you won't have to hide.
    I wish you good luck and be brave!(*hug*)

7. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Seven persons, that good! And your sister and a teacher have your back, even better!

Be patient with your parents, that they didnt disown you is a not so bad beginning... Make sure to make them proud in all the other aspects of your life so it turns easier in the future for them to accept you being a lesbian, i mean, when a lesbian is promiscuos or use drugs or have bad grades the tendency of parents is to say that somehow being a lesbian s the origin of all that, and they start seeing homosexuality as another manifestation of your emotinal issues... On the other hand if you are succesful, nice person, inteligent, emotionally stable and creative they might conclude " being a lesbian havent affected her" or something like that. Use that as a motivation to follow any career or proyect or goal in your life, it will have double benefits!!

Good luck on your journey :icon_bigg!

8. Shizune

Thank you! (I've come out to my teacher now) :slight_smile:

9. Abbra

Congrats! It's fine to take baby steps. I'm sure your parents will come around, sometimes it just takes some people some time to get used to it.

10. Shizune

Thank you! :slight_smile:
    When I had come out to my English teacher, I thought I could as well tell all people I think needed to know, so they would get used to it (I also came out to one person by mistake -.-).

I've told my parents a second time and my dad took it much better this time (must be because he has started to suspect his cousin for being gay) and my mum still doesn't like it and thinks I'm straight. But I'm really happy because my dad has gotten more positive. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2013 at 01:01 PM ----------

I write so damn slow. -.- But thank you! :slight_smile: