1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relief

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Maffew, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Maffew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this is my first proper post (except my welcome) so I thought I would post a bit about my coming out.

Before I go on, I'll just let you know, I'm 16, and I've known about my sexuality for at least 5 years.

At the moment, my "coming out" experience has been, to say the least, short.
    So far, only 7 of my closer friends know.

I go to an all boys school, and currently don't have many friends. This is mostly due to the fact, everyone thinks I'm gay, so therefore they don't want to "catch the gabies" (get it? Playing on the word Rabies)

So last year, I told my best friend who is a girl from the girls school close to me, and she was very in about it all, and understood and still loves me the same! And since then Ive told a few other friends who are all girls.

However this Friday was the first day that I told someone within my school, and for no other word to describe it, it was a huge relief. He completely understood, and said he would look out for me! To be honest, he was never one of my best friends, we spoke, and were probably friends, but in the past he was never anyone I would come to about massive issues. I'm not too sure why I told him to be honest, maybe I just like the idea of getting the idea of me being gay out of my closet... Since, closets are meant for clothes, not secrets...

However, it feels great I told him! Just knowing there is someone I can speak to! His girlfriend was the 5th person that I told about my sexuality, so I thought, what harm will it have?

Also, my parents don't know about my sexuality, however it's not exactly hard to tell when I blare One Direction out my speaks 24/7.

So anyway, I have no idea why I really wrote this, I just needed to get it out of my mind perhaps! However, all support would be great! X

2. PeteNJ

Awesome! Congratulations -- its great that you are so accepted by your friends. Great that you're able to stand up for yourself and who you are.

Enjoy the freedom this brings you, you're creating a fantastic life for yourself. :thumbsup:

3. aspiecarer

Hi and welcome and nice to read your story.
    I am glad your 'coming' out at your school worked out;I too went to an all boys school so know what it can be like not 'fitting in'..
    I am sure you'll work out how to come out to your parents as well

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :slight_smile: It's great to be able to say the words to some one "I am Gay" instead of to just yourself & being able to talk to someone about your most inner feelings, well done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Maffew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the support!
    Thank you for the support! Who know about my parents, I'm scared!

Thank you! Lets hope other people I tell are just as nice about it!

6. Maffew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a littl update : told two more friends and they were very positive! Feels so good! X

7. therunawaybff

Sounds like he was touched you confided in him. Good on you!

8. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad your friends have been so supportive :slight_smile: