1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my bestfriend =/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BlackSwan, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BlackSwan

Ok...yesterday I came out to one of my 2 bestfriends (I came out to the other one long time ago and was pretty easy because one of our friends..a really good friend of his is lesbian).

It has been the hardest thing because, and she told me when I did it, that she doesn't really like people like..."that" (that's what she said). She also said that it's the toughest new that I gave to her...and that she won't say that everything is ok, but she won't stop talking to me because I was one of the most important persons in her life...
    But it's no going to be the same from now..

2. Sayu

Aww, I'm sorry :frowning2: But maybe she'll become cooler about it with a little more time! :slight_smile: Still, congrats! (*hug*)

3. xXPsychedelicXx

Aww, I'm sorry. It'll all work out. Just give her time to get used to the idea.

(*hug*)

4. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dont give up on her,just carry on treating her as you always have.Once she realizes that being gay does not make any differance to you as a person she may well come around to it.

You could actualy be the one that could change her whole perception of gay people in general,and of course that would be a great achievment on your part.

5. Silverbells000

That's awesome you're so brave, oh just give her time. Some people take more time to think things through than others, I'm glad she still wants to be your friend, just give her the space and time she needs and I'm sure everything will work out.

6. BlackSwan

Yeah...that may be possible with the time...she even mentioned it..
    Thank you all! :slight_smile:

7. Tay

Tay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's why I don't want to come out to my friends.. I don't want any of my friendships to change because of it...

8. RainbowMan

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself or your friend. It takes some time to adjust to this sort of news, and it seems that your friend needs time.

Things will get better, at least she is still talking to you.