1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37 married F with 1 child coming out....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by beachmomma520, Mar 2, 2013.

1. beachmomma520

I came out to my husband and family in October 2012...my husband has never been a good husband, moer of a momma's boy that I've adopted...and he's bi which no one knows. The coming out thoughts were like a slow knock on the door...then the knock got louder and louder and the door was bowing and about to break so i had no choice but to open it. Now I'm stuggling with hating myself for failing my marriage ( I left him in October), failing my little girl ( whom has special medical needs), and failing as a woman. When will I stop feeling guilty? I've felt this was way for 37 yrs, I can't stand 37 more of feeling like I'm bad or knowing my little girl is better off without having to deal with a confused, just outted lesbian mom. I am so scared I'm damaging her, and don't know what to do. I'm hurt, confused, and feeling defeated.

2. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Congratulations on coming out. I know you are having a hard time right now, but it was brave of you and the right thing.

The feeling that you're bad is really shame rather than guilt, and it improves a lot with being out more. How did your family respond to you coming out? I imagine it was difficult for your husband. What about everyone else?

I would usually have recommended that you start coming out slowly, and started with a friend you knew would be supportive. Do you have anyone like that?

3. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

Similar to me but not married I hv a two yr old and I broke w his dad about three weeks ago my advise is know for sure what you want and act on it don't get a divorce if you're not sure but if you are sure then you dont want to live in a bad life maybe he will be understanding

#3 Sarah1, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013