1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally Posted this on the "Coming Out Advice" : Sort of Forced to Come Out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Juli, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Juli

Juli Guest

Alright, so last night I was talking to my friend and everything was going normal, you know, hi, how's it going, blah blah blah, and then she says "There's something I've been meaning to ask you..." and in the back of my mind I knew she was going to ask me about my sexuality. And of course, she did, and the reason why is because:

a) I'm an idiot and gave her my tumblr, in which I posted about how one of my biology teachers was really attractive, and also about Sara Quin being hot LOL (never give you're tumblr to your friends)
    b) I posted "Androgynous Women :confused:" on my twitter lol
    c) My obsession with Naomily and Tegan and Sara

Okay, so maybe I was asking for it, but she took me so off guard. And it was so difficult for me to come out with it and say "Yes, I have been feeling an attraction towards women as well. But in the end I don't care whether the person I fall in love with is a guy or a girl." It took me 20 minutes to say something along the lines of that. And I hate that it took me so long, I mean, she's my best friend, it shouldn't have been so difficult. Right?

And then she goes on to tell me that she and my other friend suspected I liked girls since grade 11. And I was like, what the hell, I didn't even know I was attracted to girls!!! Apparently she has a good gaydar. And then we joked about it, I told her that it was going down in the books and we joked around some more.

I mean, it kind of still feels odd in a way. Like, I actually came out to someone who I care about and love to death. I guess it feels unreal, like it was only a dream. I feel good though, and every time I think about it I just smile because I know that she's not going to judge me, and she'll be there no matter what.

2. Last Gentleman