1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to another best friend - I have my posse!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PeteNJ, Mar 5, 2013.

1. PeteNJ

Today I had lunch and came out to my other best friend. We've been through hell and back together.

It was such an affirming conversation- he so gets me. He immediately got how deep my closet was, gay being just one of many things. And he so knows how I over think and over plan just about everything!

So liberating. I feel so much less tense and Anxious, I'm not at all depressed.

That leavEs my 2 kids and parents. Wow huh! (and I will need to come clean with my former girlfriend, too)

Life is before me. Ready to fly.

I used to love hang gliding. I have my Hang 2 license. At one point, when my kids were little, I crashed a glider. I was blessedly unhurt, glider was to totalled. I kept one of the crumpled down bars, to remind me of my luck.

Now I think it's something different for my life - I need the courage to be open and vulnerable about myself to others - that creates authentic relationship. Yes, I might crash, but I have my wits and strength and a higher power to keep me safe.

I want to fly and create a life I love. I may crash, then I'll go on.

Love you all. Peace

2. Incognito10

This describes exactly how I felt after coming out to most everyone. I could finally breathe easy, the weight was off my shoulders, nothing to hide. I was finally able to get on with my life and have fun.

Great post and congrats.

3. Lark

Lark Guest

Well done you! That post was beautiful, thank you for sharing it :slight_smile: x