1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally came out to myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hkboy93, Mar 6, 2013.

1. hkboy93

It was only at the end of January that I discovered I might be gay, through out my whole life I have lived a straight life style and brought up to be a man. I spent a good chunk of February being heavily in denial and letting emotions just take over me, I would cry myself to sleep on some nights pondering "how could this be" and how I would face my parents (mum being rather religious) and others, I am originally from Hong Kong and men are expected to show strength.

I just couldn't accept myself, but after a lot of browsing on the internet and this forum I realized it can't be all bad. I talked with one of my really close friends about the feelings and realization I was having, and shocker and surprise, he was gay. He gave me tons of advice and support and after weeks of waves of emotions, I accepted myself.
    It was a very pleasant feeling to finally accept the true me. I believe I "knew" since I was about 7 but just completely eliminated and dismissed any "gay thoughts" and scoffed and take it as a joke when I get called "gay".

It's good to figure out that I am not straight and try to live a straight life that I was taught by and influenced by.

Although I accepted myself and came out to one of my closest friends, I am still in deep fear about my family member's reaction, relatives and other friends as well.

I am just so glad I finally now know who I truly am

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, it's such a great feeling coming out to yourself, you finally realise who you are & you come to accept yourself, I only came out to myself recently & this site has helped me a lot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Congratulations!!! :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out to yourself!!

5. Ticklish Fish

congratulations!

6. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi hkboy93

Congratulations on taking this courageous and difficult first step to becoming a happy authentic person, well done.

I am drawn to 2 quotes in your opening paragraph “my whole life I have lived a straight life style and brought up to be a man” and “I am originally from Hong Kong and men are expected to show strength” . Please please please don’t think that being gay makes you less of a man or have some form of weakness. As you go through the coming out process you will gain an inner strength and courage that will set you above most other straight men.

Sale Gay Guy