1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressured

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ailurophile, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Ailurophile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Last year I came out to three friends and it went extremely well. They all understood that i was still struggling with it and wasn't ready to be completely out. This year my guy friend began pressuring me to come out to other people. He acted like it was a real inconvenience for him. Then he just started to flat out tell our new friends things like "she thinks Tobin Heath is hot" or "she doesn't like penis" or "but you don't like guys". They were always in mid-conversation and there was a big group of us so it wasn't extremely obvious, but I definitely noticed. Finally I confided in one of my friends and she talked to the other friends about it. They all claimed that they never noticed the things he said. All of this made me feel extremely lonely because I felt outed, but no one believed me. It was the strangest feeling. I decided to talk to my guy friend about it. I told him that I wanted out new friends to trust me and for me to trust them before I came out to them. In response he basically said that I was lying to them and that's no way to earn trust. Other things happened with this guy and we are no longer friends. That situation made me want to come out to the rest of my friends in my own way. I made a group message on Facebook and sent them all the DailyGrace "I'm Gay" video. It was perfect. They all wrote back to me saying that they love me. I'm out to everyone at college now pretty much. I'm holding off on my parents until I've graduated.