1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda came out-ish

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PleaseHelp, Mar 14, 2013.

1. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So recently, I've been kinda lazy about hiding my feminine side. I mean I've pretty much stopped pretending and started being myself. I'm not super girly, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT the least bit masculine. So anyway people have been taking notice to it. Today I was chilling with two of my friends when one said, 'You know what, you really act like a girl, not even like a gay guy, but a girl' so I just responded by saying oh I hadn't noticed. He proceeded to say 'honestly, I think you'd be alot cooler as a girl. Are you a tranny?' so I responded with 'maybe ;p' I don't conside myself a 'tranny' as he put it, but I'd explained it, it would've been a dead giveaway. He wasn't phased, so I figure he thought I was joking, but at least this shows it'll be much less stressful when I come out.

2. PeteNJ

Takes a lot of guts for you to engage in that conversation about yourself. Congratulations!

3. RainbowMan

Congrats! The one thing that I was left wondering is if you discussed it all with him (which it sounds like you might have), or if you left the "are you a tranny" question at maybe.

BTW, I hate the term "tranny" - I find it so disrespectful. As a cisgendered male, I'd never even think of saying it, yet I hear it used all the time as though it's no big deal. What's a MtF (or FtM, but the OP is MtF) perspective on that? I really think you may as well call me a "faggot", it's equally offensive.

4. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't elaborate any further. Just left it open ended, and of I'd tried to explain to him how tranny was offensive, he probably would've figured out I was serious