1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four and counting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by elstix99, Mar 24, 2008.

1. elstix99

elstix99 Guest

OK this one's brief (EDIT: Did I say brief? Whoops :wink:). I have of course my long epic about not coming out, but I'll save that for another forum :wink:. In theory, I'm basically semi-out to everyone. Frankly, I wear one of those surfer wristbands I colored like a rainbow, I wear makeup (not too much, just a little blush :wink:), tight clothes, and am basically just so flaming in a thousand other ways that anyone with eyes and a brain should be able to guess it :wink:. I think some people must have noticed by now :grin:
    In the meantime, I'm explicitly out to four people. My good friend we'll call "J," with whom I share meals after school at the diner, have several classes, etc etc was number one. To make a long story short, J (a straight girl) has a very steady boyfriend. I had a steady girlfriend through several months this year, but eventually we mutually broke up (very very very publicly) because I couldn't stand her :wink: (it's once again SUCH a long story :wink:). "J" had recently made a conquest with her boyfriend, and after we were done discussing that, we came on to the subject of our exes and then relationships in general. After a few well-pointed jokes about "which way I swing" (which I had been starting to make around that time without any explicit statement of which way that in fact was) that related to the topic, we moved on to talking about something else. That Monday when I saw her again, in the course of general talking throughout the day, she told me she wanted to make sure she had understood what I was telling her about myself. I described it as "right now, I've only played for one team, but after Lily, I'm on the roster for both." I actually never explicitly said "I'm bi," but I think she got it. Person number one (and it felt good)!
    Persons two-four came at the same time. In a break from choral rehearsals for the spring musical, I remembered that I had seen a friend that past weekend who wanted to know if we had mutual friends at my school. Fortunately two of the three people were there at rehearsal with me, and I brought up the mutual friend "A." The two mutual friends we'll call "Id" and "Im" did know "A"; our friend "K" didn't but she's like me and just likes to talk to everyone about everything :wink:. Friend "Im" asked me if friend "A" was out yet (a little indiscreet, since she didn't know what he told me), and I told her that he wasn't. I made some passing reference to us being the same in that regard. "Id" went "Oh, you're bi?" and I nodded and said I was. I got a "good for you," an "I thought you were straight" (I don't know how she thought that :wink:), and I don't remember the third reaction, but people two-four (and person one) were all supportive (yay! :wink:).
    I said I would make it brief and I failed. Therefore I will stop here at the facts :grin:

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz on coming out!! :grin:

3. Grof142007

feels good ... that was confusing for me but i got this jist of it

4. biisme

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*has lots of excitement*

5. James

Congratulations.