1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my best friends :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cheese Love, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Cheese Love

So I'm sure most of you have heard of myspace?

Well, on the site you can post little bulletins. One of my best friends posted one and in it was a survey that said:
    "You have ten people, anonymous, that you can say anything to"

This is what she wrote for the sixth spot:
    "6. I know you're a homosexual. I'll still love you if you tell me. Actually... I'm pretty sure I'd love you even MORE! I'm a big fag hag, remember? (This goes to 2 people)."

I know the term "fag hag" generally applies to straight females and gay males, but I still had this inkling that she was talking about me... I told myself I wouldn't come out using the internet again, but it seemed like a harmless thing to do. Plus, I recently, as in the past week, decided I should come out to her. The problem was that I knew she wouldn't mind at all or find it a big deal, so I didn't know how to say it without making it into a big deal.. I'm not good at being passive about things.

So I replied:
    "I know this probably has nothing to do with me at all, and that I shouldn't do this on the internet...

But I'm a 6.
    I just kind of suck at telling people that in person."

Her:
    "XD YAYAYAYAY! I love you RAAAACHEL!

Haha, I'm trying not to overreact because I don't want it to be like a big deal or anything it's just......... EEeeeek, it's so exciting! I think everyone in the entire world should be homosexual!!!! XP They are way cooler than straight people plus the human population might just decrease a little. I hate people, btw. Wait... Even if everyone in the world was gay people would still want to make babies, wouldn't they. DAMNIT! There is no ESCAPE!

Lol, That's me attempting to be nonchalant.

Awwwww, Rachel. I'm so happy you told me."

So um, haha I'm thinking it went really well, and it turns out the original message was about me as I had suspected. I asked her if she knew already and she said, "Yeah, I guessed... uuuh.... I have like supreme gaydar, just to let you know. XD I feel like an ass for like for not like... saying "Hey guess what I think I know!" ....Should I feel like an ass about that? XD I don't know... some people don't like being Outted."

I was up until 4 am because we were messaging back and forth ever since that, and she also told me she was bisexual. I already knew it, but it was still comforting that she made it a point to tell me.

I'm just really happy because although I'm out to my other three closest friends, she's the one I'd feel comfortable talking about just anything like that with. Prior to this, we tend to spend our lunch periods discussing Queer as Folk and The L Word :lol:
    Haha, no wonder she guessed.

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz!! That's such an awesome reaction!! :grin: I'm so happy for you! :grin:

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yay Im hyper right now but you cant tell i guess, but so you no that was a really strecthed out, high pitched and loud yay.

4. Alexander

Can I steal your friend? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

congrats.

5. biisme

that's awesome, and a really cool way to come out!

6. young92

thats awesome! congrats!

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Heterosexuals are SO last millenium ago! :lol:
    Bisexuals, Homosexuals, and Transgenders are the rage this millenium! :eusa_danc

8. CrimsonThunder

Congrats. :slight_smile:

I don't like the word fag hag for some reason, just sounds weird. =/

9. HalfInsane

Hehe, that's great!

10. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

thats awesome ...i wish i could tell my friends...even thou i dont see them that much as i used too cause of me tryin to handle 16credits of hard classes and them being graduated from college and not having to do class work or study anymore...but i think it will be harder to tell them than it was my parents...dunno maybe it wont be ass hard..im just scared..:lol:

11. Jim1454

Congrats! That's great.

I'm glad you didn't make it such a big deal... I agree - it shouldn't need to be a big deal but it's so tough not to let it get that way. I'm really happy for you!

12. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Gratz on coming out !(!)