1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moment of strength

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Trask, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Trask

So after years of questioning and lying and hiding and denying I finally came out to my sister. She lives in another state and I always lose my nerve when I see her, so I just typed up and sent her an email.
    She is my best friend in the whole entire world and I love her more than anything and she has always said that she loves me no matter what so I'm pretty sure that she will be okay with it, but she is very christian like the rest of my family, but definitely not as closed-minded and homophobic as my parents.

This is the second (third if you count my therapist, which I do not) person I have come out to and although I'm anticipating a really good reaction, I'm still checking my email obsessively and wishing I could take it back and glad I did it and freaking out.

So I thought I'd just let that all out to y'all, not for any particular reason, but just because I'm proud of myself for doing it.

2. Jeff

"checking my email obsessively and wishing I could take it back and glad I did it and freaking out."

Funny, brave, scary, and frightening. You know it will be fine, but still, I feel for you.

3. Ianthe

Oh, I remember that feeling. Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

4. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good job on telling your sister! I hope that she is supportive and caring. Also, I know how having unsupportive parents feels so I'm empathetic there.

5. The Dude

Regardless of what she says, what a big step! Very courageous.

I'm eager to hear what she says, keep us updated.

6. Trask

It's been two days and I'm pretty sure she's received the message but she hasn't gotten back to me so I'm doubly freaking out, but it is sort of a big thing to drop on someone out of nowhere, so I'm remaining optimistic, but very very scared.

In other news I came out to another of my very good friends yesterday, she took it really well and I'm feeling much better in a lot of ways.