1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time at Work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Mar 23, 2013.

1. AlexisAnne

So, I went to work as Alexis for the first time Thursday night. It was a completely spur of the moment decision, and I was extremely tired when I made it. :slight_smile: I have a Trans group that meets everyother Thursday night. Ordinarily I would go to that and then drive over to my sister's afterward to change into "guy mode" before I go to work. My sister lives near my work so when I was passing my work, I said screw it. I pulled into the parking lot and wrestled with myself. I knew my managers would be there because they start a couple hours earlier than the rest of us. I walked into the office and politely told them that I would be coming to work as Alexis from now on.

I've been out at work for a while, so they already knew this was coming at some point. They told me that was fine and great, and gave me a pretty encouraging kind of attitude about the whole thing. I even got to walk and talk with one of the day assistants that used to work with me on nights. It's the first time she'd seen me as Alexis, and she said it seemed natural and asked me how things were going and all. Anyway, I told them I was more or less giving them a heads up so they weren't surprised when I showed up in a couple of hours.

I spent the entire night scared out of my mind and nervous, but hiding it behind my false wall of confidence :slight_smile: My co workers were surprised that Is chosen that night, but they responded well. The people I'm close to, and most others didn't really treat me any differently. A few were a bit off put, but they didn't do or say anything disrespectful, they simply avoided me. We didn't really talk that much before anyway, so I'm not worrying a whole lot about it.

Before I made the sudden decision, literally 5 minutes before I spoke to management, I hadn't been planning on this for at least another two or three months. I'm glad I did it though. We even made a new name tag that says Alexis :slight_smile:

Just thought I'd share my positive experience. :slight_smile:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations & Well Done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. AlexisAnne

4. Sayu

Wow, that's great! :slight_smile: I hope it will always go this well for you :slight_smile:

5. AlexisAnne

Thank you. I hope so too :slight_smile: