1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how my dad found out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by charlieswife, Mar 23, 2013.

1. charlieswife

Having already come out to my mum at 12 (didn't go down well..especially as she was a jehovah's witness) and a few friends etc.. a year on I hadn't quite got around to finding the right time to tell my dad...well that moment was sort of taken from me.. After spending the day enjoying Gay Pride in London..I phoned my mum to tell her I was ok,and off to a friends party..In a strained tone just before I hung up my mum said..By the way..your dad saw you on the t.v(they always show brief footage on the news)..he wants a word with you tomorrow!... Ahhh.. Of all the bad luck..he had spotted me on a barely 30 second clip on the news..out of the 300,000 attending that day.. wearing a 'too cute to be straight' T shirt holding a girls hand!! There was no talking my way out of that lol! I wanted the world to swallow me up..dreading that conversation.. but it all didn't end up too bad..20 years on I have a good relationship with both my parents..based on tolerance on both our parts.. so the long and short of is..no matter how scary and big things seem..in the end things will probably turn out ok :slight_smile:

2. Sayu

3. Mysz

That sounds great ^_^ Yes, I hope that everything turn out just as beautifully for everyone still needing to face coming out! Again, a great story c:

4. asmith6543

wow. thats crazy. Tell us how the conversation goes

5. Dalmatian

Nice story :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic

This makes me think of the bad luck brian meme :roflmao:

Is nice all ended fine :slight_smile:

7. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Good luck! I hope it goes well :slight_smile:, tell us how it goes.