1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OUT! yes -- all the way OUT!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PeteNJ, Mar 24, 2013.

1. PeteNJ

Hello All --

Its been a very stressful couple of days. I don't want to post the details, because based on what happened, this person has been googling the hell out of the web to find info on me.

In any case, I came out to them a couple days ago, then yesterday was more or less told "I'm going to tell everyone."

I was sad, angry, very upset. Then hit offensive mode.

Between yesterday and today I've met with and told EVERYONE who could be on this person's "list." -- A lot of them have something to do with my kids, which is why I was so crazy to get this done.

Every person, every single one was affirming, loving, and had nothing but good wishes for me and my family.

Not how I'd planned it -- but it couldn't have gone better. Tonight, well, I'm spent emotionally over all this. And elated.

No secrets. Nothing hidden. In my world or the world of my kids.

I'm out. Totally. I am really excited!

/p

2. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's great!

What's done is done, and I also wish you the best of luck. :slight_smile:

~L

3. RainbowMan

Ouch, that hurts.

But congrats on getting out ahead of it so quickly, and the great reactions that you got from everyone! No more secrets! :slight_smile:

4. Ticklish Fish

who is this mysterious person who tries to out you and make this scandalous? @_@
    looks like the person's plan backfired?

anyways, congratulations!

5. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I could do that lol

6. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, your adrenaline ups and downs must have been exhausting. Congrats on coming out, it's good to hear that you have support!

7. The Dude

Wow. Way to go PeteNJ! I'm so happy for you and your family. Way to be brave, you set a great example.

8. AlexisAnne

That's awesome! Not the way it came about, but the way you handled it in such a positive and constructive way. I'm truly impressed by you, and am beyond happy for you :slight_smile: I'm glad everyone handled it so well. :slight_smile:

Congrats :slight_smile:

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You handled it incredibly well. I'm sure it was nerve wracking and heart wrenching... but it's got to be a great feeling to have it out of the way... as well as to be able to completely take the wind out of his sails. The guy sounds like a piece of work.

10. LateRobert

Congrats!!

Hi Pete

What an inspiring story to hear you are already feeling so good after just one day. I can imagine it would be such a huge weight off your shoulders. I can't wait to be on that same side you are on now as ... well, no need for me to say... you obviously know how hard it can be at times. Some days I wonder if I can find the courage to do what I want, so it is good to hear from guys that have gone through it.

You handled it well, and sounds like you have so much support.

11. LD579

To be honest, I'm more concerned about this person you mentioned. I dunno what your relation is to this person, but I'd suggest reevaluating the relationship between you two. The person sounds spiteful, from what I gather, and kind of vengeful, maybe?

But also... Congrats on coming out. It must be quite a change, in a sense, and yet, things are still the same, in a way, I'd guess. It's great that everyone took it so well and are being so supportive.

12. curlycats

huge congrats are in order, definitely. :slight_smile: i'm sorry about how this came about, but i'm relieved alongside you that it turned out so well in the end. i hope things continue to look up for you in the future. :slight_smile:

13. Italy or Bust

Congratulations! So happy for you in spite of having your hand forced. You played your cards well :slight_smile:

14. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad they were accepting. Might want to avoid that person who said he'd tell everyone.

15. PeteNJ

yep, defriended, de-whatever.

if you can avoid doing this way, by all means. but I strongly, highly, and fully recommend being 100% out of the closet -- for many of us, the sooner the better.

and your support along the way has been great! (&&&)

thanks all.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry to hear about this nightmare that other person caused, but I'm glad that it went so well.

I haven't made any coming out plans, except to figure that I'll probably stay quiet for now. I mentioned in another post about one friend who will not take the news too well, and if things go really poorly, it could have a really negative impact on my life as a whole. Other friends would not care, but there are always the risk of accidental information leaks.

17. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Pete

Ouch, that was something you could well have done without, you never know how people are going to react but that’s really evil of them. I can only imagine how you must feel a) at their behaviour, b) at having your timetable messed up, and c) the potential hurt to your kids.

It is very encouraging to hear that all those you have now come out to, as a pre-emptive move, have been sympathetic and supportive and your prompt action will surely show up this evil person in their true light. Let’s hope they are ostracised by all on their hit list and anyone that knows them, there is no place in society for people like that.

So although it’s not quite how you imagined it to be and in the time scale you had planned well done for being a fully out and truly open gay guy.

Did you get any feedback from your unplanned TV appearance, and was it the cause of your problems?

Sale Gay Guy

#17 SaleGayGuy, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  18. boysdontcry

Congratulations! That took guts, man, I wish you the best of luck.

19. Musician

You did very well, sorry about the bastard. What has really surprised me in my experience, actually shocked me, is not just how accepting people have been to me, but truly loving. Congrats, Pete!

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Congrats!