1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xashesxx, Mar 26, 2013.

1. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders! I told my parents. I tried telling my sister yesterday and couldn't get it out. I think I needed to start with my parents on the family side. I knew my mom would be okay with it. She just smiled, hugged me and told me she knew. Not much of a surprise, but I didn't know how my dad would take it. He just smiled and said okay. They told me that it didn't change anything, they still loved me. I cried, not out of sadness. I was so unbelievably relieved to finally say it to them! I have to thank everyone on here for the support and advice. There are a few other special people that I have to thank as well. My best friend has been the biggest support of my friends. She was the first person I told, and her coming out in support of equal rights on facebook today helped more than I thought. Thankfully I have people to put me in an amazing mood, and want me to be who I am. Thank you guys! I still have a long way to go, but I know I can do it now. Thank you thank you THANK YOU ALL!! I wish I could hug everyone that is here for support! (&&&)

2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU (*hug*) :kiss: :eusa_clap
    Ah, I'm so glad that your dad took it well!! That just warms my hear. You are so blessed to have a family that loves and supports you. You deserve that and more, honey. So glad you did this and it's SO wonderful that you can focus on just being yourself and being happy X,) much love!

3. PeteNJ

How wonderful and amazing for you to feel the love of your parents!

Happy for you, proud of you for reaching out and trusting -- awesome!!!

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! I'm glad that your parents are accepting :grin:

5. Rebellion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really happy for you, congratulations =D

6. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

Thank you everyone! I plan to tell my sister and brother-in-law tonight. I'm pretty sure they know. I guess I don't hide it well. Not that I've been trying super hard.